No signal on anik F1R

Status
Please reply by conversation.

domando1069

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 15, 2007
Hi Guys
I had Anik F1R tip 4020 V 29997 programed in so I could get my local Sudbury news on my BUD.
The past couple of days I was getting digital freeze from low signal. I tuned it back with my
Super Buddy 29 meter. But now I don't get my local news, it shows no signal. I confirmed with my
meter that I am on the right sat. I did factory reset I re scanned and still no signal on the above tip.
WHAT AM I DOING WRONG ???????????? PLEASE HELP. I have been doing sats for a long time and
I can't figure this one out.

Just to confirm you're really on the right satellite -
Do you get any other channels or transponders on that satellite?
www.sathint.com
To tune up, you had the meter inline near the dish. Did you try the meter near the receiver? (May show that there's loss in the coax)
On my S9, sometimes a reset(or just a TP delete) and power off, wait a minute, then turn it on was required.
That's all I can think of at this time.

Hi
Well super buddy says I am on right sat. I get Tele- Quebec on 4060 V and the weather network on 4100.
I also get same signal strength at dish and at receiver. I have also deleted tip and installed it again.
Just seems strange. I will keep at it .
Thanks to all

It comes in fine here. Try bumping the frequency number a few numbers up or down and see if it comes in.

Might want to check the feed horn/lnb for moisture,or critters.I've had it before where a little water got in and sucked out one frequency while the rest were fine.Also go through and check ALL your connections.

Sorry forgot to mention I have a open box 10
Another possible here could be and I know nothing of your openbox 10 there was a shift on a lot of satellites to switch to mpeg 4 recently I lost all that I used to watch when I rescan nothing is there its like the switch to mpeg 4 left all of my boxes in the I loose category. Replacing my boxes is an option as mine are all getting very old. Its just an observation on my part but in the realm of possibility

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts