No signal on Bell 82 using 9241 DVR in Boston

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

BostonCanSat

Original poster
Feb 13, 2012
Boston
I have had Bell for a number of years now in Boston. I was using a 6000 or 6100 (can remember which it is) receiver and have great signal strength on both 91 and 82. I recently purchased a model 9241 DVR and when I connected it to the dish I only receive signal on 91. So no 82, no hi-def. I reconnected it to my old receiver and have both 91 and 82 with strong signal.

What could possibly be causing this? I have a DPP dual LNB with a built in switch.

I know the 9241 is a dual tuner DVR, but I really need the use of both tuners.

are you using the separator to get the signal to both tuners?
also after its hooked up you do need to do a check switch (menu 6-1-1 arrow to switch check)

I only have the signal going into the Sat1 connection, I figured I would buy the separator after I confirmed it was working.

I did run a check switch, multiple times. I did a point dish as well and checked the transponders. I get no signal at all on 82, but like I said I get between 85 and 90 signal strength for 82 on the 6000 receiver.

Run another Check Switch with nothing connected to put the receiver back to its default mode, after it fails, connect your feed again and run Check Switch once more.

Could it be a bad 9241.? Try Input #2.?

Can you try it at another location.?

Worked at my family's house back in Nova Scotia, where I bought it. It is activated on their account as was the 6000. I tried input 2 and got the same result.

I will try running check switch with nothing connected and see what happens.

Ran the check switch with the satellite feed disconnected and then again with it connected. Works perfectly now, 82 is coming in with a strong signal. Watched the Habs and Carolina in HD on TSN Montreal!

Thanks for all the feedback.