No Signal on FTA Coship 3188A plz help

Status
Please reply by conversation.

barg007

Original poster
Feb 20, 2010
Texas
ok guys , i have a coship 3188A FTA receiver , got 36" dish , LnbF is DGL-780 (RF:11.70/12.20GHz) IF:950/1450
LO: 10.750 Gain"55dB

Tried to set it up but i couldn't get any signal , if anybody can help me with setup or programming or anything like what is the LO & HI Freq should be , i'm interesting in 97.0 satellite which is Galaxy 19 but in my receiver it says Telstar 5 which is fine.

i live in Irving Texas 75063.

any help is greatly appreciate it

Sounds like a universal lnbf from the frequencies range....so set up a ku satellite with the lnbf as universal on your coship, Pick an active transponder from The List , above, and enter it in the 3188. You can use that one to aim with, or I have before, when you get close to an active satellite, the signal strength meter will flicker a little bit, so when you see that happen-stop and run a blind scan, see what you get. YOu'll need to set your dish elevation for 97W>dishpointer.com is one site that will give you the info. Be sure to set the SKEW on the lnbf, according to what the DP site says.

The DGL780 looks to be a Standard Linear LNB....
digiwavetechnologies.com/index.php?module=pagemaster&PAGE_user_op=view_page&PAGE_id=75&MMN_position=76:25

IN the Receiver's Setup menu for Telstar 5:
LNB Type: Standard or Single
LNB Power: On
LNB Freq or L.O. : 10750
Transponder: click here for a list of active TP's: SatelliteGuys.US - 97.0°W Galaxy 19 Ku

If you can, take the receiver and small TV to the Dish
Set Dish Elevation to 51.7 (52 is close enough)
Using a Compass, point Dish to 176, or slowly move the Dish from southeast to southwest "very sloooooooowly" watching for the Quality Meter to light up

i know the LO is 10750 , but what should i put for the HI ?
LO (L.O.) does not equal "Low"
LO = Local Oscillator = 10750
If you have LNB option of Universal, Single, Standard - Pick Single or Standard, and you should just have one place to enter L.O..

ok thank you guys i'll try it again.
ok here is what i have ":

Name : Telstar 5
Universal LNB : On
LNB Freq Low : 09750
LNB Freq Hight :10600
22k control : Auto
DiseqC : off
Tone Brust :eek:ff
12V Output :eek:ff
LNB Power: On
FTA Only : On

and in the LNB Box it does Say LO 10750

so i dont know what i'm doing wrong.???

i did turn off the universal off , and i got signal max 62% but for some reason i couldn't get tps 11991 wich has 2m monde

I think that one lets you adjust the start/end frequency for your scan also, which is very handy.
Normally the ku range around here is 11700-12200.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)