No signal on Tuner 2...too many satellites

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jtwex

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 25, 2008
Embarrassed Bear
I've run an SWM-8 system for the past two years with no problems until today I started losing Tuner 2 on one of the receivers. I have 5 receivers...2 H20's & 3 HR22's for a total of 8 tuners.
As soon as I unplug a working twin tuner HR22 the malfunctioning tuner works fine. On one receiver I received the error code 771B, "outdated hardware..please call DTV" and after doing a system check I received the Diagnostic Code 50-70-73-022.

It sounds to me like some piece of hardware has started failing; LNB, SWM8, Power Insert or the SWM 8 way splitter???? Anyone have any ideas?

The dish is the regular Slimline 5.

I've run an SWM-8 system for the past two years with no problems until today I started losing Tuner 2 on one of the receivers. I have 5 receivers...2 H20's & 3 HR22's for a total of 8 tuners.
As soon as I unplug a working twin tuner HR22 the malfunctioning tuner works fine. On one receiver I received the error code 771B, "outdated hardware..please call DTV" and after doing a system check I received the Diagnostic Code 50-70-73-022.

It sounds to me like some piece of hardware has started failing; LNB, SWM8, Power Insert or the SWM 8 way splitter???? Anyone have any ideas?

The dish is the regular Slimline 5.

Well, you can eliminate some of it ...
If you have a Slimline 5, you have no SWM splitters, or Power Insertor.

With this set up IF the Slimline5 is correct, you should have 4 lines coming from the dish, to the Ground Block then to a WB68 multiswitch and then to the recvrs.

Is this your set up ?

Jimbo said:
If you have a Slimline 5, you have no SWM splitters, or Power Insertor.

With this set up IF the Slimline5 is correct, you should have 4 lines coming from the dish, to the Ground Block then to a WB68 multiswitch and then to the recvrs.

Is this your set up ?

Unless he has an actual swm8 an not an 8 way SWM splitter. If its a real swm8 he should still have 4 lines coming down in to the switch then an 8 way SWM splitter coming out of it.

Frankly,I never trusted the 4 cable out LNB's. Just having one HD DVR attached to 2 of the cables from the LNB,I'd get the same message about tuner 2. I changed from the 2 cables attached from the LNB to the receiver to the two unattached free cables & then just bought a SWM LNB. I always thought maybe one of the 4 cables on the old LNB were bad & would rather deal with a single cable. 4 cables on an LNB is like Russian Roulette.

If you have a Slimline 5, you have no SWM splitters, or Power Inserter.

Is this your set up ?

Yea Jim, I'm trying to eliminate some component before I go crazy on this. I have four lines coming in from the Slimline5 that feed directly into the SWM8...from there one line is fed into the SWM multiswitch input & then out to each room via the switch's outputs. Everything has worked perfectly for years so I have to assume something if failing, just trying to figure out what.

One other thing...when I repeated the Sat setup I received the following error: all the Odd/even voltages were found except the odd 110.

jtwex said:
Yea Jim, I'm trying to eliminate some component before I go crazy on this. I have four lines coming in from the Slimline5 that feed directly into the SWM8...from there one line is fed into the SWM multiswitch input & then out to each room via the switch's outputs. Everything has worked perfectly for years so I have to assume something if failing, just trying to figure out what.

One other thing...when I repeated the Sat setup I received the following error: all the Odd/even voltages were found except the odd 110.

Why are you using a swm8? Do you have an international dish as well?

Why are you using a swm8? Do you have an international dish as well?

No, I just wanted to use one coax per room & this was one of the first products available that allowed this type of setup (It would have been prohibitive to run two coaxial cables to each room). The SWMLNB dish came along after if memory serves.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts