no signal please help

Status
Please reply by conversation.

flychavez

Original poster
Oct 16, 2012
idaho
K so I'm trying to take a reciever to my cabin. It has a slimline 3 multi switch and the reciever is the h24. No signal tried everything from doing the repeat satellite set up and all the coax and that stuff . Wen I first hooked it up it had like 8 of the 32 transponders reading like 95. I figured that the tree was in the way I moved the dish to a clear area and nothin plumed re aimed all that nothin. So I pit it back where it was and now 0 on all transponders. any ideas please would be appreciated

What satellite did you see 95 on for 8 TPs? What about 99 and 103?

Back to basics. Make sure the mast is plumb and that the elevation and skew is set according to the location. Then rotate slowly through the azimuth.

:welcome to Satelliteguys flychavez!

Please tell us about the equipment. What model number lnb do you have? How is the dish connected to the receiver?

I spoke with him on the phone a few times, and I believe he may be dealing with a SWM LNB. He's going to remove the LNB to see how many ports there are. We thought at first he had a Ka/Ku 4 port LNB, but his receiver kept reverting back to SWM for switch type. He may need to get a power inserter or an older Ka/Ku LNB if he does in fact have a SWM right now.

Might also be the other way around. If he has an SWM LNB at home, and the cabin is a non-SWM, the receiver will be set as an SWM when he brings it from home. To change it, first connect to the cabin dish, go to satellite setup, set multiswitch to "multiswitch" and then change the dish type to slim line 3 non-SWM. He will also need a b-band converter at the cabin.

If the home dish is non-SWM, and the cabin dish is SWM, then yes he will need a power inserter, and NO BBC>

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts