no signal

Status
Please reply by conversation.

agers

Original poster
Nov 28, 2007
i have a problem on my sat receptions. i have a 180cm solid sat dish and currently receiving signals from asiasat2. during daytime my receiver displayed no signal, only in the late afternoon and night time i got a good signal.

please help me...

thank you and more power...

Hi there-tell us a bit more, like where the heck ya are in the world.
And what kind of lnb and receiver setup you are using..makes debugging
easier!
Right off the top I would say you have a heat-sensitive lnb that is failing during the day, when the noise from space is stronger. Is your system moveable or fixed on that one satellite?

Do other satellites work OK when AsiaSat2 is out? If NOT (that is, they all go out), I'd go with the idea that you have a thermal problem with the LNB.

If it seems to affect AsiaSat2 only, and the rest continue to work OK, is it possible this satellite is fairly low on your horizon?
And are you near a large body of water?

i am in the philippines, particularly in digos city (6.7542deg. north, 125.356deg east)
my set-up is 180cm prime focus solid dish, gardiner lnb 17deg. kelvin.
formerly i used this in receiving on measat-2 with better signal.

Hi there-tell us a bit more, like where the heck ya are in the world.
And what kind of lnb and receiver setup you are using..makes debugging
easier!
Right off the top I would say you have a heat-sensitive lnb that is failing during the day, when the noise from space is stronger. Is your system moveable or fixed on that one satellite?

i am in the philippines, particularly in digos city (6.7542deg. north, 125.356deg east)
my set-up is 180cm prime focus solid dish, gardiner lnb 17deg. kelvin. formerly i used this in receiving on measat-2 with better signal.

Status
Please reply by conversation.