Signal fluctuation

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

CHANGSUE

Original poster
Oct 30, 2007
Hi Guys,

I hope that I am in the right forum for this question.
I am having some serious signal and quality fluctuations with both my C and KU bands. My quality on G5 and X4 can drop from 84 to 1 and keep moving back and forth, this condition will clear up by itself for a while and then resume. I am using a Chaparral Corotor II Plus C/Ku feed horn, Precision C and Ku band LNBs, a Pararaclipse 12' Dish and Motorola DSC 922 receiver. Any suggestions on trouble shooting this issue would be appreciated.
Thanks
Mike

It could be a servo motor going bad. While the signal is fluctuating, go out to the dish and listen for the servo motor running. If it is making any noise even when nobody is changing channels, then you need to replace the servo.

Hi Lynskyn,

The entire installation is fairly new ( about 6 weeks old ), however I took your advice and checked for noise from the servo. It only made a sound when channels were changed. Could the problem lie with the LNBs?

Mike

I would check the cable ends for a bad connection or a piece of the shielding not cut cleanly and touching the center conductor, or even just a loose connector that is letting moisture into the connection.

Sounds like power supply problems (#2idea) if it's not water in a cable someplace(#1 idea)
Don't those 922's have something of a reputation with power supply boards?

I have checked all connections and even swapped out the 922 for a 920 and the problem is still there.
Someone mentioned that the dish might need tuning but I have had signal quality of 99 on some satellites.
What is really weird here is that I can have a great picture for a few hours and then a period of fluctuation. I have noticed that the signal strength does not always fall off as much as the quality, in fact somtimes when the Quality is reading 1, the signal strength is around 70.
Could the quality of the LNB be an issue??

Mike

lnb...bad.. possible..

hey man....i had that same problem yesterday i changed out the lnb and it quit. try that and see what happen's the lnb was a 17k and i didnt have ne thing but a calamp 25k so i changed that and it works perfect now the problem is solved hope it works for you as well. good luck but remember never touch the lil gold or chrome piece thats inside the lnb.

remember on KU band someone parked with a radar detector will fluctuate your signal. Right now my X4 signals are fluctuating. I am down to 47% signal quality on SCI FI channel right now. Tomorrow it may be 70%.

As for your c-band signals I would check your dish alignment.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)