No Signal

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

A36Pilot

Original poster
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
My installer just installed the Slimline dish and connected it to the SD DVR Model R16-300 and the HD DVR Model HR23-700 and both are not working. Specifically both are searching for a satellite signal and not getting any (both tuners on each model show zero satellite signal strength). When my installer connects his satellite finder to each model, both again show no signal. What are we doing incorrectly? Is there something on the receivers that we should be turning on?

FYI: he connected my standard receiver Model D12-500 to the Slimline and it works perfectly. He also connected his satellite finder to this receiver and it showed a positive signal strength.

One more thing that might help in resolving this issue. I have a house in Florida where these receivers were originally set up and I then transferred them to my other house in San Francisco. In Florida, the installer changed the set-up whereby only one cable from the dish was connected to each of the R16-300 and the HR23-700 (I can still watch one channel and record another on each of these receivers). Before I "bought" these 2 receivers, I already had an HR20-100 whereby 2 cables from the dish were connected to the receiver for me to watch one channel and record another. After the change in set-up in Florida, even the HR20-100 needs only one cable from the dish connected to it.

Can anyone help? Thanks.

My installer just installed the Slimline dish and connected it to the SD DVR Model R16-300 and the HD DVR Model HR23-700 and both are not working. Specifically both are searching for a satellite signal and not getting any (both tuners on each model show zero satellite signal strength). When my installer connects his satellite finder to each model, both again show no signal. What are we doing incorrectly? Is there something on the receivers that we should be turning on?

FYI: he connected my standard receiver Model D12-500 to the Slimline and it works perfectly. He also connected his satellite finder to this receiver and it showed a positive signal strength.

One more thing that might help in resolving this issue. I have a house in Florida where these receivers were originally set up and I then transferred them to my other house in San Francisco. In Florida, the installer changed the set-up whereby only one cable from the dish was connected to each of the R16-300 and the HR23-700 (I can still watch one channel and record another on each of these receivers). Before I "bought" these 2 receivers, I already had an HR20-100 whereby 2 cables from the dish were connected to the receiver for me to watch one channel and record another. After the change in set-up in Florida, even the HR20-100 needs only one cable from the dish connected to it.

Can anyone help? Thanks.

Are the bbc's connected?

1) Yes we have connected the receivers to B Band Converters. Still no signal.

2) We are not using a multiswitch.

Perhaps we are pointing at the wrong satellite? What satellite should we be aiming at?

Thanks.

1) Yes we have connected the receivers to B Band Converters. Still no signal.

2) We are not using a multiswitch.

Perhaps we are pointing at the wrong satellite? What satellite should we be aiming at?

Thanks.

What do your signal strength's look like, give us the numbers on each sat.

You should see at minimum, the 101 (main core programming) the 99 and 103 are HD programming Conus as well as Spotbeam and they do need the BBC's in order to see them.

Can anyone help? Thanks.

if the d12 works ... you probably need to reset the other recvrs....they may be set to swm ....

Thanks for your input.

1) There is zero signal on Sat 101 as well as the other sats, even with the BBC's connected. No signal coming from the receivers when connected to the satellite finder.

2) The D12-500 works. We tried pressing the red reset buttons at the front of the R16-300 and HR23-700 - no luck. Still zero signal. Is there another way to reset? What does SWM mean?

Thanks again

Thanks for your input.

1) There is zero signal on Sat 101 as well as the other sats, even with the BBC's connected. No signal coming from the receivers when connected to the satellite finder.

2) The D12-500 works. We tried pressing the red reset buttons at the front of the R16-300 and HR23-700 - no luck. Still zero signal. Is there another way to reset? What does SWM mean?

Thanks again

Your D-12 has signal ?
But the rest do not, check to make sure you have the correct cables connected.
If you have 0 SS on two of them and good signal on the other one you have a bad cable, fitting or something in the line, Any splitters in that line that has no signal ?
Splitters are a No,NO, before the recvr.

Thanks for your input.

Thanks again

if the recvr is set to swm it will not give voltage to the lnb... then no signal ... try reseting without anything connected to the ant input ... try several times.... also try to set it to non swm ....

Thanks for your input. How can I set the receivers to non swm?

You have to do it thru the Sat and Antenna then Repeat Sat set up

Make sure it's not connected , if it's on a SWiM now, or it will choose it by default, thats how the unit knows where the power comes from for the LNB's

Repeat Satellite Set-up:

Under these I have as follows:

Dish Type Slimline - 5
Switch Type Multiswitch
Tuners Dual

Are these the correct settings? I have a Slimline dish

Thanks.

Hello to:

raoul5788, jdspencer, ebms1 and Jimbo (my apologies if I neglected to mention everyone)

I have been away for about 1 1/2 weeks and thus have been unable to contribute to this forum.

We have implemented every suggestion. Result: so far so good. We have not fully completed the install so have no HD channels yet. However we have all the SD channels and the SD DVR (R16-300) works perfectly.

Thanks for everyone's input - much appreciated.

I'll keep you apprised of our HD situation.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)