No signal

Status
Please reply by conversation.

badgerguy

Original poster
Aug 7, 2010
Western, WI
So for the past two weeks or so my main HD tv in the living room has been receiving the blue screen along with "no signal" after a few minutes of watching tv. It will go out for a few minutes, sometimes longer and then go back to normal programming.

I have done all the normal stuff, reset the receiver, unplugged stuff from the back...it still does it.

Any suggestions on what else could be wrong? When I get this message, the other two rooms which are just SD tvs work just fine.

what is your setup? Is it a SWM setup or the LNB with 4 wires coming into the house?
What receiver model?

Have you tried to swap the receivers to see if it follows.....if it doesn't then it could be a cable or connector issue

Try what Ice mentioned first, if the trouble doesn't follow the recvr, I would look into the LNB being the issue as well.

what is your setup? Is it a SWM setup or the LNB with 4 wires coming into the house?
What receiver model?

Have you tried to swap the receivers to see if it follows.....if it doesn't then it could be a cable or connector issue

I have the LNB set up.

The receiver I am having issues with is the HR24 dvr, the other two are HR20s non DVR.

Would I be better off calling customer service?

I haven't been bothered by it because I have been busy the past few weeks, but tonight I have some downtime and wanted to watch the Twins game, but I can't on the HD TV. :sadface:

I had the same issue. The first tech changed the splitter. Still had the problem. Same day he came back and changed everything but the hr24 and cabling. The problem persisted. Almost 4 weeks ago the next tech changed a cable fitting and added a ground. No go. About 2 weeks ago, a new tech changed out the hr24- said it was crap. No problems so far. Just to point out that the receivers aren't refurbed very well, there's an Ethernet cable fitting still clipped into the Ethernet port!

jwgreen68 said:
I had the same issue. The first tech changed the splitter. Still had the problem. Same day he came back and changed everything but the hr24 and cabling. The problem persisted. Almost 4 weeks ago the next tech changed a cable fitting and added a ground. No go. About 2 weeks ago, a new tech changed out the hr24- said it was crap. No problems so far. Just to point out that the receivers aren't refurbed very well, there's an Ethernet cable fitting still clipped into the Ethernet port!

They leave the RJ45 jacks back there on all their boxes, keeps the dust out.

I have the LNB set up.

The receiver I am having issues with is the HR24 dvr, the other two are HR20s non DVR.

Would I be better off calling customer service?

I haven't been bothered by it because I have been busy the past few weeks, but tonight I have some downtime and wanted to watch the Twins game, but I can't on the HD TV. :sadface:

Is this issue HD related only ?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)