No signal

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

mrpatch2

Original poster
Mar 26, 2021
Arab, al 35016
After some major storms in my area, my DirecTV HR54 receiver has no signal to my TV. The receiver was working before the storms and after we were going to watch the news/weather but the TV says no signal. My receiver has power and I can hear the HDD turn on and spin.
I have 2 HDMI inputs on my TV. The DirecTV is on one and my Xbox is on the other. I changed the cables from the receiver to the Xbox to check if the cable was bad, but both cables and inputs show my Xbox profile page. No signal on the DirecTV. Anyone have this problem before? Anyway to fix it, or just need to get another receiver?

After some major storms in my area, my DirecTV HR54 receiver has no signal to my TV. The receiver was working before the storms and after we were going to watch the news/weather but the TV says no signal. My receiver has power and I can hear the HDD turn on and spin.
I have 2 HDMI inputs on my TV. The DirecTV is on one and my Xbox is on the other. I changed the cables from the receiver to the Xbox to check if the cable was bad, but both cables and inputs show my Xbox profile page. No signal on the DirecTV. Anyone have this problem before? Anyway to fix it, or just need to get another receiver?
:welcome to Satelliteguys!
Check your signal strength numbers, your dish might need to be adjusted.

Specifically ‘no signal’ is an error message generated by the Tv indicating no signal from the Directv box to your Tv.

There is no error message on a Directv box that says no signal.

Check your connections to the box and the Tv. Make sure your receiver powers on.

It’s likely not at the dish, or with the outside cabling

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: harshness
Have you looked at your sat dish? it may have be blown out of alignment
Even a dish out of alignment would have my directv dashboard on the screen. I have nothing on screen. My TV's blue screen displays no signal. I have no output on any terminal from my receiver: svideo, hdmi, component.

:welcome to Satelliteguys!
Check your signal strength numbers, your dish might need to be adjusted.
If I had a signal to my TV, I could check my numbers. I have no output to my TV. I have a blue screen where my Directv dashboard should be. No output from any terminal on the receiver: svideo, humidity, component.

Have you checked all of the connections inside and out? Do you have at least 21 volts at the lnb?

You may have had a lightning strike or power surge that killed the box.

Specifically ‘no signal’ is an error message generated by the Tv indicating no signal from the Directv box to your Tv.

There is no error message on a Directv box that says no signal.

Check your connections to the box and the Tv. Make sure your receiver powers on.

It’s likely not at the dish, or with the outside cabling

Checked it all, and tried all the output terminals on the receiver: svideo, hdmi, component. I have nothing from the receiver to the TV. I think the output IC is fried.

Have you checked all of the connections inside and out? Do you have at least 21 volts at the lnb?
All was fine before the storm, now I have no output to the TV. TV has blue screen saying no signal. I hook my Xbox up using the same hdmi cable and input and my Xbox dashboard is on the TV. I use the same hdmi cable and input for my receiver and blue screen.
The receiver powers on, the hdd spins and last night it was recording one of the shows it is programmed to. I just have no output to my TV.
I have tried the svideo, hdmi, and video out. Nothing to the TV. I believe the output IC is fried. Just trying to see if anyone knew of a quick fix.

Do you have a composite input on your TV? Connect the composite (yellow) connection on the HR54 to that, just in case it is able to display in standard def and give you some indication of what is going on.

But it sounds like the HR54 is toast, and you'll need to get Directv to replace it.

Go on eBay and get a component video breakout cable.

if the box powers on, may be a bad HDMI cable.

Its Not a bad HDMI Cable, but it could be a bad HDMI port.

Then again, If he has his game station working on input 2 and the D* connection on 1 and he swaps and the trouble follows, that proves that its not the port.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts