No sound on my RSN HD feeds...Dolby Digital issue? Anyone else?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I'm not sure why it wouldn't be encoded as 2.0 or 2.1. Regardless, that may or may not have anything to do with why my home theater receiver is not playing any sound for these channels. Honestly, it seems like i was only getting L and R audio when it worked a few days ago. It was just conjecture that this 5.1 encoding with only 2 channels was part of the issue.

I'm not sure why it wouldn't be encoded as 2.0 or 2.1. Regardless, that may or may not have anything to do with why my home theater receiver is not playing any sound for these channels. Honestly, it seems like i was only getting L and R audio when it worked a few days ago. It was just conjecture that this 5.1 encoding with only 2 channels was part of the issue.

Worth noting (and possibly worth adding to the trouble report): When I tune to 416 HD when no games are on, I get the audio (music) on the "Check back often..." screen. it is coming across in Dolby Digital 2.0 and sounds fine.

Hey guys.

Long story short: I'm a moron. :)

While true that I was only NOT getting sound on 416, it turns out that I had my "A" speakers turned off accidentally. For some reason on my particular HT receiver, it was still playing audio fine on all of the 5.1 stations--through all speakers. However, because 416 appears to only play L-R audio that is apparently why I was getting no audio on 416. I figured this out when I was fiddling with the audio to turn on my outside speakers. I have had this receiver for 10 years and never noticed this behavior. Strange, but glad I figured it out! I will PM the Dish guy to make sure he closes the ticket.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)