No sound on SD channels, HD channels work fine. H21 box

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Something isn't correct. Check all of your connections DVD,VCR, Make sure all your connections are correct. The humming noise is NOT normal. My Philips TV makes no abnormal noises what so ever when its off or muted Or when watching regular TV. Sound like some type of problem, or incorrect connection.

Unfortunately there is nothing connected to the TV other than the HDMI to the DTV box. The same thing happened when I had nothing connected but an antenna, or nothing connected but my xbox... I think it is just how this TV is.

The high-pitched whine it makes when it is off is VERY similar to the whine traditional picture tube TVs make when they are on, but a bit louder. It happens constantly when the TV is turned off. Not all people can hear that noise... When I was a teenager my parents would always turn off the cable box but not the TV, so the TV was left on with a black screen. I could be upstairs with doors shut and could tell the basement TV was on because of the high-pitched sound. They couldn't hear it and I think they both thought I was nuts, but I was always right! :D

The noise it makes when it is on is a humming noise, like an electrical transformer or something. If I adjust the contrast manually, the sound changes in relation to the contrast level, so it is definitely something related to that. This noise is not constant. It comes and goes.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts