No sound

scdown

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 24, 2010
Denver
Got a call from my wife yesterday noting that there was absolutely no sound coming from the TV and/or receiver - walked her through settings, with no luck.

Came home from work, verified that all was connected properly, no muting, correct inputs active - still no sound.

Rebooted the 922 (red button on front panel), and all is well. That said, I'd certainly like to minimize reboots for this sort of thing,

Anyone else have an issue like this?

This has also happened to me on several occasions. Solution so far has been a reboot of the system. :(

I've had this happen both live and on recorded shows. Re-booting is the only option, but doesn't solve it for the recordings.

Not saying this is the issue for you guys but; some tvs seem to have an issue with switching back and forth between pcm and dolby digital, mine did and if you have a surround sound maybe not your problem but if not, try switching to PCM only and it may fix your issue, fixed mine. Even though mine was for one channel only and it was local, but it has happened once before on all, but after switching i have had no issues.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts