No TV :-(

jstrait

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jun 17, 2004
Greenville, SC
On Monday Dish technicians came and switched me over to the Eastern Arc and all was good. Last night a line of severe thunderstorms came through here and this morning I have no TV. To be clear, I had OTA until I power cycled my 722. Now, all I see is the 'Complete Signal Loss' screen and I can't change to my OTA channels using the numbers, or the channel up/down, or the guide (this feature is not available). Does anyone know another way to tune my OTA channels on the 722?

I called Dish and scheduled a technician for Thursday (their earliest available). I don't think that anyone here can help, so thanks for letting me vent.

Have you looked at the dish for any sign of physical damage? Perhaps the wind blew it out of alignment. Could have not been properly tightened down.

Reactions: jstrait
Try to run a check switch and see what you see in your matrix. You should be able to hit your menu and go from there. I have a 211k on my third account for my aunt in Arkansas. She has thunderstorms come through on a weekly basis and she sometimes loses her sat signal the next day when the storm is over . A check switch run brings it back. She is on western arc and this happens , so it isn't an eastern arc thing alone.

Reactions: jstrait
I guess I have some new expectations that I need to deal with - apparently complete signal loss is easier to achieve on the EA than it was on the mixed arc I was running previously. The good news is that the signal came back shortly after I left for work. Thanks everyone!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts