No volume/mute control via 6.4 IR/UHF Pro remote on new Hitachi TV

MississippiSteve

Original poster
Dec 24, 2011
Mid Mississippi
Replaced an old TV this week, and I'm having problems with my #2 DISH remote. All of the remote functions work, EXCEPT for the volume & mute buttons. I'm using the DISHtv 6.4 IR/UHF Pro remote, with the DVR-522 on a Hitachi 32" LCD HDTV. I've tried a slew of remote codes displayed on the DishTV website, and some other places found on the web.
I found and tried the following remote codes: 638, 648, 605, 526, 549, 553, 554, 555, 585, 597, 523, 636, 552, 643, 652, 654, 655, 665, 668, 669, 670, 626, 551, 718, 673, 726, & 702 from the DISH Network website. And codes 023, 026, 048, 049, 050, 051, 052, 053, 054, 055, and 126 shown on another DISH related website. I've also tried the POWER SCAN method (about 20+ times): where you turn ON the TV & DVR, then press & hold the TV LED at the top of the remote until it is activated, then press the DOWN botton, wait a couple of seconds, then press the POWER button at the top. Supposedly, when the TV powers OFF, you save that code with the # on the bottom right on the remote.
Has anybody come up with any other codes to activate the volume/mute buttons on a 6.4 IF/UHF Pro remote working with a DVR~522 receiver for a L32A105 Hitachi 32" LCD HDTV.
Leave it up to me to buy the TV that doesn't work with the gear I've already got.

Thanks for any assistance.

How old is your remote? How old is your TV? DO YOU THINK THEIR MAY BE SOME NEW CODES THAT AREN'T STORED IN THE CHIP IN YOUR OLD REMOTE? Manufacturers constantly change thier codes that is why learning remotes like the 21.0 were introduced.

MississippiSteve said:
Replaced an old TV this week, and I'm having problems with my #2 DISH remote. All of the remote functions work, EXCEPT for the volume & mute buttons. I'm using the DISHtv 6.4 IR/UHF Pro remote, with the DVR-522 on a Hitachi 32" LCD HDTV. I've tried a slew of remote codes displayed on the DishTV website, and some other places found on the web.
I found and tried the following remote codes: 638, 648, 605, 526, 549, 553, 554, 555, 585, 597, 523, 636, 552, 643, 652, 654, 655, 665, 668, 669, 670, 626, 551, 718, 673, 726, & 702 from the DISH Network website. And codes 023, 026, 048, 049, 050, 051, 052, 053, 054, 055, and 126 shown on another DISH related website. I've also tried the POWER SCAN method (about 20+ times): where you turn ON the TV & DVR, then press & hold the TV LED at the top of the remote until it is activated, then press the DOWN botton, wait a couple of seconds, then press the POWER button at the top. Supposedly, when the TV powers OFF, you save that code with the # on the bottom right on the remote.
Has anybody come up with any other codes to activate the volume/mute buttons on a 6.4 IF/UHF Pro remote working with a DVR~522 receiver for a L32A105 Hitachi 32" LCD HDTV.
Leave it up to me to buy the TV that doesn't work with the gear I've already got.

Thanks for any assistance.

When you do the power scan, hold tv button until all light up across the top, hit the tv button, the red tv button should be steady. Now use the channel up button and continuously push until the tv turns off. Then hit the pound button, tv button blinks three times confirming code is locked in. Push tv button and it should work your tv.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

When you do the power scan, hold tv button until all light up across the top, hit the tv button, the red tv button should be steady. Now use the channel up button and continuously push until the tv turns off. Then hit the pound button, tv button blinks three times confirming code is locked in. Push tv button and it should work your tv.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Do not continuously press the channel down but repeatedly press channel down button (slowly!) until Tv turns off then press pound button to lock code in.

My remote is replaced less than a year old... and I tried BeckiB's codes as well as code 166, but still no volume control.
Not sure when they began making this model Hitachi.... so I guess, I'll wait several months to see if someone can come up with the magic code.
Thanks for your assistance.

Very likely your 6.4 will never work right . Again, get a 21.0.

My remote is replaced less than a year old... and I tried BeckiB's codes as well as code 166, but still no volume control.
Not sure when they began making this model Hitachi.... so I guess, I'll wait several months to see if someone can come up with the magic code.
Thanks for your assistance.
You can punch in as many codes as you want, if it isn't already stored on the chip it will never work. Codes in remote controls are not updated by DISH. Once the chip in the remote is programmed it never changes even if new codes are published they won't work on older remotes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts