No VOOM in 2 Weeks

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

tattootearz

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 23, 2004
GUYS... im really trying to hang in there for all my VOOMING homies out there...

I mean.....deep down inside I LOVE the way the VOOM STB compliments my wall unit's Home Theater display... I think it looks rather snazzy!

I've even taken a liking to that ridiculous menu scheme. Over time I have really come to like the "IDEA" of Voom.

But here is the tough part...

I have only powered up my VOOM STB 1nce in the last 15 days. :shocked :eek:

I turned it on a couple days ago to see if ESPNHD was in. (it was)

The verdict is in.... VOOM's Picture quality is badly compressed. It's almost unreal comparing a Satellite signal to a Cable signal... but I have officially concluded that VOOM's signal is significantly lower on the Totem Stick of quality then my Cablevision.

and for the record... the best HDTV franchise in the business is NOT HDNET... :p

its CBS!!

tattootearz said:
It's almost unreal comparing a Satellite signal to a Cable signal...

Then you must have a spectacular cable service 'cause around here, of the two that offer service, any of the Sat services smoke 'em in pic quality hands down.

If you don't watch V* regularly then get rid of it. It really is that simple.

Mr. Biggles said:
Then you must have a spectacular cable service 'cause around here, of the two that offer service, any of the Sat services smoke 'em in pic quality hands down.

If you don't watch V* regularly then get rid of it. It really is that simple.
in NYC, Cablevision has really gotten their act together... On the side of features, the Cable STB is seriously lacking... but Picture quality on HD channels is smoking VOOM like a cheap cigarette.

I am desperately waiting for VOOM to get their act together. I've recently decided that for $50/month....hell, its worth it just to watch as things develop. So every few weeks or so I will turn on the VOOM receiver.

You obviously have not turned it on in the LAST 15 days because they have done some serious work at Voom to improve the picture. If you didn't live across the country from me, I would invite you over to watch on my big screen and show me how badly the picture is compressed. I also have HDNET so I know a good HD picture when I see it and Voom has a good HD picture now.

Turn it back off, and enjoy looking at the "snazzy" front panel.

In fact, I've got a few more here somewhere...all KINDS of different snaz, and I actually run a special. If you rent 2 or more snazzy panels, I'll knock $10/mo off EACH one.

See you in 15 days. Can't wait for the next update.

Lob

Cablevision has their act together, but Voom doesn't??? Let's see here. What company was it that started Voom? Cable---something, oh yeah...Cablevision. All of the best technicians and engineers must be working on the cable signals and the duds get shuffled off to poor old Voom.

Maybe somebody from Cablevision will see the thread and send some of the aces over to Voom. Maybe that will be 15 days from now, so check back and let us know what improvements they are able to make.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)