No Whitesox in HD on 429? ADD HD RSNS ALLREADY!

goaliebob99

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Aug 5, 2004
-.-. .... .. -.-. .- --. ---
DISH ADD HD RSN'S ALLREADY
So, power was out when I got home and it just came on. My reciver pulled up the latest guide data off of the bird and on 429 there is the Chicago Whitesox vs the Blue Jay's and its on in SD only. Why no HD? Every game is in HD. NO NHL or NBA playoffs are on. Looks like dish is getting lazy.

You mean to tell me that with all the dam empty transponders up there you dont have enough to spare one for an HDRSN event for 4 hours on both archs? I call BULL (in the words of pen and teller) I want my games and not on your TERMS.

Last edited:
Im on the line with India who is telling me that the game is on in HD on 429, but that's obviously not happening.

I had them transfer me to an american rep who is also seeing in her system that the game is suppose to be on 429 in HD So, what's going on here dish?

This is at least the third thread that you have started on this exact topic. If you were a regular user instead of a mod, you would be chastised and the thread combined. I understand your issue and I feel for you.

This is at least the third thread that you have started on this exact topic. If you were a regular user instead of a mod, you would be chastised and the thread combined. I understand your issue and I feel for you.

Umm I am a regular user! :) I relinquished my mod powers about a year ago when my dad was passing. And I will continue to post on this same very topic until dish fixes it! Maybe if we the people stand up, dish will finally do something about it. I would watch on MLB.TV, but I dont want to wait the damm 90 min for the ablity to see the game as its in my RSN territory. Its one thing to not have MLB extra innings, and its completely another not to see your local games when they air in HD. Hell dish isnt providing the native resolution anymore of a game when they broadcast it, they are now DOWNGRADING it! (native resolution is 1920 x 1080I. Im getting 420P!)

thanks dish! So the CSR is sending a ticket to engineering as it shows in their system that its suppose to air, but it wouldn't surprise me if this was a CSR trick to get you off of the phone. I hope that Directv continues to nail dish on satisfaction and their part time HD rsn's as its quite apparent even though dish has the room, they intend on letting the bandwidth sit and they dont want to provide the customer with local sports programming. Its just a shame!

As much as it pains me I refuse to watch the Games on CSNC if they are not shown in HD so the channel and it's sponsors lose at least 1 viewer. Between this and no WCIU in HD DirecTV is starting to look tempting.

I can see the next directv commerical! Back Way back you can put it on be board Yes! 2 run Home run, from AJ persinski and if your watching this on dish, your seeing it in SD! Switch to Directv and you can see ALL Of your MLB action IN HD all the time!

Number 2:

No missing out on your local RSN HD Programming! With Directv you see it all in HD! All the time! Switch now and get MLB Extra innings free for 6 months.

This is at least the third thread that you have started on this exact topic. .
He is doing a good job at documenting it. During the off season I usually make a post in at least one thread mentioning the fact that Dish often JIPs their HD games or does not show them at all. I then get bombarded with replies saying that this is very rare and how would I know since I am not a Dish sub. I follow up with a reply referring people to the number of posts on this issue. Now my referencing will be a lot easier come this winter when most Dish subs will forget that this often happens.

Keep doing my research for me, Bob. ;):D

He is doing a good job at documenting it. During the off season I usually make a post in at least one thread mentioning the fact that Dish often JIPs their HD games or does not show them at all. I then get bombarded with replies saying that this is very rare and how would I know since I am not a Dish sub. I follow up with a reply referring people to the number of posts on this issue. Now my referencing will be a lot easier come this winter when most Dish subs will forget that this often happens.

Keep doing my research for me, Bob. ;):D

I'm on a mission to check every game, every day!!

GAMES NOT ON DISH HD BUT AVAILABLE IN HD FOR 4/12/2010

ASTRO VS CARDS FSNMW
WIZARDS VS KNICKS CSNMAHD
WHITESOX VS BLUEJAYS CSNCHHD
RAPTORS VS PISTONS FOXDTHD
RANGERS VS INDIANS STOHHD
REDSOX VS TWINS FSN NORTH HD

Bob, maybe you can start a thread that lists all the games missing in HD on RSN's and add to it everyday? Maybe someone from Dish will finally get the point, but I doubt it! :rolleyes:

You can add all the MASN HD games too, since Dish doesn't think my market deserves our games in HD...:rant:

I'm on a mission to check every game, every day!!

GAMES NOT ON DISH HD BUT AVAILABLE IN HD FOR 4/12/2010

ASTRO VS CARDS FSNMW
WIZARDS VS KNICKS CSNMAHD
WHITESOX VS BLUEJAYS CSNCHHD
RAPTORS VS PISTONS FOXDTHD
RANGERS VS INDIANS STOHHD
REDSOX VS TWINS FSN NORTH HD
I recorded that game on DirecTV EI today because I wanted to see their opening game in their new park. I just got through watching it just a few minutes ago.

I actually recorded both feeds, FSN and NESN, just to compare. I ended up watching the FSN North feed because NESN announcers suck.

It was a good game. It is always a good game when the Sox lose (unless they are playing the Yanks). :p

Bob, maybe you can start a thread that lists all the games missing in HD on RSN's and add to it everyday? Maybe someone from Dish will finally get the point, but I doubt it! :rolleyes:

You can add all the MASN HD games too, since Dish doesn't think my market deserves our games in HD...:rant:

Good Idea!

Yea I have noticed that with FSNMW games too.

I have to agree with you Bob.... Im was sitting here at about 6:25 pm, turned on the tv..... put in 429 on the tv.... looked up...... SD. I immediately said "Awesome Dish".... And I remembered why i love baseball season so much, because every night its a toss up whether i will see my beloved sox in HD.

direct tv has csn chicago in HD 24/7 and they pick up ALL CSN + HD games as well.

One word for you, Directv.

Thats the wrong answer! If Charlie was serious about being the number one provider he would cater to every one! Also the problem with that is that I shouldnt have to rely on 2 different providers to get what I want. Hell I would go with uverse if it wasnt for the 2 / 3 stream limits and compression to hell. But the real problem is charlie is to cheap to make any sort of investment into any channel in order to draw subscribers. He wants to do it as cheaply as he can and add niche channels that no one wants, but he can get on pennies on the dollars.:up

DISH HD WISH LIST: AMCHD, TCMHD, CCSN-ChicagoHD fulltime, G4HD, MLBTVHD, OutermaxHD, ESPNUHD, SPROUT & MLB Extra Innings PLEASE!

Bob
Your sig allowed me to bold a few things....the channels that are on Directv ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)