No World Series in N.Y again, Priceless !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I agree ... Thank goodness a cinderella team like Detroit is in the series. An Oakland/St. Louis world series would have been a real snoozer and a ratings bomb.

The ratings are higher if larger cities are there. No question there. But why isa game more or less exciting because a team from NY is there? I think it is more interesting to see some variety.

I agree ... Thank goodness a cinderella team like Detroit is in the series. An Oakland/St. Louis world series would have been a real snoozer and a ratings bomb.

i dont think i would call the tigers a cinderella team (unless you mean they are all sissys!! lol) till the end they were the most dominant team in baseball.

i dont think i would call the tigers a cinderella team (unless you mean they are all sissys!! lol) till the end they were the most dominant team in baseball.

I agree with your statement .
I have been hearing today the media is making it out to be that BOTH teams are a team of Destiny .
I disagree, there is no way you can call a team that was on top od the division for 140 games (just a guess) a team of Destiny, in my opinion a team of Destiny is a team that should not have been in there got hot and everything went right for them.
Thats Destiny when a team is a real suprise, the Tigers were there all year, and the Cards have been right up there for the last several years.

Jimbo

By cinderella team, I was talking about the turnaround from 2001 - 96 losses, 2002 - 106 losses, 2003 - 119 losses, 2004 - 90 losses, 2005 - 91 losses. In 2006? 67 losses. That's a great turnaround!!!

Last edited:
Most WC teams are considered Cinderella... But in Baseball a WC team has as much chance as the Divisional winner to win it all. Baseball should look into the WC teams, since so many of them have won the WS in the past few years, and make them suffer a little bit more within the playoff rules. Selic (sp?) talked about taken away a home game from the WC team but I think it is imperative to eliminate the 3 of 5 in the first round. That first round needs to be a seven game series. A WC team with two great pitchers can knock off anyone in a 3 of 5 series.

Most WC teams are considered Cinderella... But in Baseball a WC team has as much chance as the Divisional winner to win it all. Baseball should look into the WC teams, since so many of them have won the WS in the past few years, and make them suffer a little bit more within the playoff rules. Selic (sp?) talked about taken away a home game from the WC team but I think it is imperative to eliminate the 3 of 5 in the first round. That first round needs to be a seven game series. A WC team with two great pitchers can knock off anyone in a 3 of 5 series.

The only thing bad about going to a 7 games series in the first round is the potential to go into November which could create some problems for weather in....well Detroit for example or Colorado or NY or Boston. I think it's spelled Selig.

Why does it have to be a series at all? Do you see a Superbowl Series? In boxing do you get 7 shots to dethrone the champion? It's all about economics for sports.

I perfer a series, it eliminates a fluke game that way.
Football would be interesting with a best of three, but it would take 3 weeks to play

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)