Kenny Rogers --- Cheater? YES/NO your opinion...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Sean Mota

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
New York City
According to ESPN video and Fox Video the strange "substance" in Kenny's hand looks like pine tar. According to what they want us to believe it was just "dirt" but it did not look like "dirt" but more like pine tar. According to baseball rules, the UMPIRE and Tony LaRussa blew the call. Kenny Should have been removed from the game and even though he pitched well after the brown substance was removed and not completely, does not preclude him as breaking the Rule.

No. There was no real proof that he had anything other than dirt on his hand. Yes it looked like something else but nobody knows for sure....well except Rogers.

Has anyone ever noticed that... WHAT EVER IT WAS, IS NO WHERE NEAR THE PART OF HIS HAND THE BALL TOUCHES WHEN HE PITCHES!

It wouldn't be near the part of the hand where he pitches. By rubbing the ball in a substance it would change wind resistance and therefore the path of the ball after the pitch. If it was in the part of the hand where he thew it would effect his control as well.

Weather or not it was pine tar he pitched a hell of a game after he washed it off. It funny how its a big deal now but all pitchers use some kind of substance. They interviewed some guy on cold pizza on espn 2 and he said everyone looks at the steriod abuse when this is even bigger with pitchers putting some kind of stuff on there hands.

Weather or not it was pine tar he pitched a hell of a game after he washed it off. It funny how its a big deal now but all pitchers use some kind of substance. They interviewed some guy on cold pizza on espn 2 and he said everyone looks at the steriod abuse when this is even bigger with pitchers putting some kind of stuff on there hands.

Yeah, like hairspray.

No. There's no proof the brown substance was anything more than a poorly executed wipe-and-a-miss while taking a pregame Steinbrenner. Plus, the ump with 30+ years experience already said it was not pine tar. End of story...

My goodness, doesn't anyone remember the spitball. Gaylord Perry had a great one. I even remember (well a little before my time) when the spitball was legal.

It was up to the umpire. or LaRussa to complain to the umpire, and then he checks Rogers at the mound to catch him red handed. They did not and no pictures will tell us the molecular content of the "dirt"

Frankly, every Tiger pitcher should show up with dirty hands from now on.
The psychology was Perry's real weapon.

Doest anyone on this earth jump to a conclusion besides guilty anymore. EVERYONE always jumps to he's guilty, no matter that the question is, he's guilty. I just don't understand how you can convict someone when'n there is NO PROOF.

Go take a sample of what he washed off his hand and then say something to me. Go back 10 years and give Barry Bonds a steriod test. Give me a recording of that night at TO's home when he supposedly tried to commit suicide. Then, when there is proof, BEYOND A REASONABLE DOUBT, I might decide to listen to the "guilty happy" people. I am so tired of everyone jumping to conclusions.

Last edited:
Has anyone ever noticed that... WHAT EVER IT WAS, IS NO WHERE NEAR THE PART OF HIS HAND THE BALL TOUCHES WHEN HE PITCHES!

Two things, one for this quote

He would take his fingers and rub it in his palm (where the substance was) what this does is give him better control on the ball.

#2. He CLEARLY, and I mean CLEARLY had something on his hand, if you watch the game, right before the pitch that got the very first runner out, he puts his hand up to his mouth/face, and you can see it there. The next time, he had taken dirt and rubbed it over his hand (my guess would be to cover it up). Then, the next time I saw it, it was gone, and the ump was checking his hand (between the 2nd and 3rd inning) whatever he had on his hand, he removed after the first, but it was there, I saw it watching via Directv Mpeg4 WJW fox local, via a sony kp46wt500 hooked up by hdmi (in case their was any questions how I was watching the game.)

0077774600453_m.jpg

maybe that is why they call him the gambler??? :D

Doest anyone on this earth jump to a conclusion besides guilty anymore. EVERYONE always jumps to he's guilty, no matter that the question is, he's guilty. I just don't understand how you can convict someone when'n there is NO PROOF.

Go take a sample of what he washed off his hand and then say something to me. Go back 10 years and give Barry Bonds a steriod test. Give me a recording of that night at TO's home when he supposedly tried to commit suicide. Then, when there is proof, BEYOND A REASONABLE DOUBT, I might decide to listen to the "guilty happy" people. I am so tired of everyone jumping to conclusions.

10 years ago Barry wasnt using, so that would clear him. There was a recording of what happened that night at TO's house its called the 911 tape, and the woman reports, that she found his empty pill bottle, and that TO put two more pills in his mouth right in front of her (to go along with her later statement of trying to pry them out of his mouth.) Also why would ANYTHING be on his hands? any foreign substance on a pitchers hand is illegal, plain and simple.

also just so everyone can see it, here is his hands, with Both Mystery brown substances, on his hand, in the SAME spot, from the Championship series, and the world series, still any doubt?

Also today it was announced Kenny Rogers has signed a contract with purell, the commercial will be his hand from the first inning, and then the third inning when the umps checked it....with the tag line washes away all the evidenc.......errrr dirt.

Attachments

• mlb_rogers_hands_412.jpg
    mlb_rogers_hands_412.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 203
Last edited:
Jayson Starks:

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/playoffs2006/columns/story?columnist=stark_jayson&id=2635633

When a pitcher who, a mere three weeks ago, was carrying around the highest career postseason ERA in the history of baseball then goes and spins off his 23rd consecutive scoreless October inning, you want to tell the world how he finally rewrote the script of his lifetime.

So what do we know? That Rogers was spotted by the Fox cameras in the first inning with, well, something mucked all over his pitching hand. We also know that, by the second inning, he'd washed whatever it was off his hand.

What was on his hand? "A big clump of dirt," Rogers said.
And where did that clump come from? It was "dirt and rosin" he used to "rub up the baseball," and it was "left on my hand when I rubbed them up."
Yet even after warming up and then throwing 18 pitches to five different hitters in the first inning, he still "didn't know it was there." But then "they told me, and I took it off, and it wasn't a big deal." Oh. So the umpires told him to "take it off"? Well, no, he claimed. He "just saw it." He "didn't know it was there until after the inning." So he simply "took it off, and it wasn't a big deal."

And that shot that the TV cameras showed of Rogers in deep second-inning conversation with plate ump Alfonso Marquez? "He just came and told me how much time I had between the innings."
Oh. So Marquez never mentioned that humongous clump of dirt? "No."
All righty then. So that's the end of it. Right? A clump of dirt happened to appear on his pitching hand, and he wiped it off, and then went back to being Sandy Koufax.
Or maybe not. <!-- PULL-QUOTE (BEGIN) -->
"It could have been anything on his hand. It could have been chocolate cake." -- Tigers closer Todd Jones

<!-- PULL-QUOTE (END) -->Because his own manager, Mr. Jim Leyland, said the umpires "made Kenny wash his hands." And Steve Palermo, an MLB umpiring supervisor, reported that Marquez "asked Kenny to remove that dirt, so there wouldn't be any question as far as that controversy."

Great. Took care of that controversy stuff in no time flat, didn't they? Cleared it right up.
So this should be the point where we should be moving on to talk about Rogers' sensational evening on the old pitcher's mound, right? Nope. Sorry. Not quite yet.
Because if Rogers was so darned innocent, how come he was trying so hard to deny everything except his pitch count?

But what was he denying, exactly? Nobody ever did actually accuse him of anything, except yelling at his teammates louder than their mothers ever did. If the Cardinals

It's so obvious that he was cheating. Any substance on the hand of a pitcher will allow him to grab the ball better and add more movement to the ball. What is MLB gonna do now? I hope they suspend him.

How many times can his hand get dirt on the same spot? YES Network just reviewed the video of the regular season of Kenny and it was the same spot with the same brown substance.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)