Node laying on ground

That's what I'm doing but I want this guy to be retrained or talked with or something. He can't keep doing jobs like this. I wasn't gonna say anything but I have friends signing up and I don't want them to get mad at me because he shows up and does a sh!tty job and think all dish techs are like this

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Was this installer internal (DNS) or a subcontractor? He used burial cable which is at least one positive, but those appear to be Gilbert compression fittings (not T&B or PPC), which are not DNS issues and to my knowledge are not an approved component last I checked the list. He also failed to use PVC sweeps or any other means to protect the cable.

You sure it's liberty and not Gilbert? It's a moot point because I just double checked the list and those are in fact approved for use so are likely issues in some offices. That is very irritating, that quality of work is completely unacceptable, I've seen claims and TCs called in for much less.

Yes sir it says liberty! And I really wasn't gonna say anything and just fix it myself but he needs to be retrained or something. He can't keep doing installs like that!

DIRT has setup another tech visit via twitter to get this resolved! Thank you for all the help Mike L and Zach S for all the help!!

DIRT has setup another tech visit via twitter to get this resolved! Thank you for all the help Mike L and Zach S for all the help!!

Lesson learned, when you have a tech visit. CHASE HIM AROUND THE HOUSE. I never leave them alone, ever.

Tech coming today to fix the hack job the last tech did. Do you think it's to much to insist that the cable be pulled from outside in the crawl space inside to a closet? The only wire that would have to be replaced is the one from the dish which has to be pulled up anyways to be fixed

Tech coming today to fix the hack job the last tech did. Do you think it's to much to insist that the cable be pulled from outside in the crawl space inside to a closet? The only wire that would have to be replaced is the one from the dish which has to be pulled up anyways to be fixed

If I were the tech that showed up, you would be charged extra for that as it's reinstalling something that works fine.

But the install was half assed so it has to be reinstalled anyways

But you are looking at replacing all 3 lines of burial cable and moving the node to a different location, which will most likely require other cabling to be moved (if not replaced).

All that needs done from your pics is zip tying to the pole and burying the third line, iirc. So it would be custom work or a wire management charge at the least to do the other stuff.

Feel free to ask, but don't be surprised if they don't do it for free. :)

What if I moved the node pulled the lines and all he had to do was run the cable from the dish to the node

As you said, the single burial wire was the primary issue and that should take only a few minutes to resolve. Just let the tech evaluate the system and move on. They're not there to rewire everything in your house.

Tech just left. Cable is fixed. Node is just hanging in the air from the ground wire. Told him I wanted it attached said he couldn't do any better. These are the laziest techs I've seen. Just gonna have to fix it all myself

You should see if they're hiring.

Hahaha..

I work in house and that tech's work would never be accepted. For what reason did he reverse the drip loop after swapping the solo for a duo node I don't understand. The loop is created not for slack but to allow water to flow away from connectors... There would be no need for the node to be moved indoors into a closet and should definitely be subject to a fee if it where to be done.

Hahaha..

I work in house and that tech's work would never be accepted. For what reason did he reverse the drip loop after swapping the solo for a duo node I don't understand. The loop is created not for slack but to allow water to flow away from connectors... There would be no need for the node to be moved indoors into a closet and should definitely be subject to a fee if it where to be done.

Yeah just a little bit of garbage work there.

Tech just left. Cable is fixed. Node is just hanging in the air from the ground wire. Told him I wanted it attached said he couldn't do any better. These are the laziest techs I've seen. Just gonna have to fix it all myself

Well did you ask him how many more jobs he had slammed behind yours as you are posting pretty late but again you just don't know or how many he had to go thru before yours and is just tired. If it works it works, leave it be. I've left nodes,ground blocks and so on just laying around when they are normally inside but outside I do the best I can do to ensure at least the cables are going from the connections down and out not up and in.

722 failing now must make decisions

Eastern/Western Arc Question

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts