non-satellite gal

jlbloom

Original poster
Oct 17, 2010
Michigan
I just purchased a geosat DVR1100c. It is installed and working beautifully. I also purchased a Seagate Barracuda 3.5 internal drive. It was listed as one of the recommended drives. I have not a clue on how to install it. I'm an IT person, but on the application side, not hardware. I can follow instructions. If anyone can tell me how to install this hard drive, I will be very grateful.

Thanks,
Julie

jlbloom said:
I just purchased a geosat DVR1100c. It is installed and working beautifully. I also purchased a Seagate Barracuda 3.5 internal drive. It was listed as one of the recommended drives. I have not a clue on how to install it. I'm an IT person, but on the application side, not hardware. I can follow instructions. If anyone can tell me how to install this hard drive, I will be very grateful.

Thanks,
Julie

Welcome to the forum!

The GEOSATpro DVR1100c allows recording to a drive connected to the USB 2.0 port on the rear of the receiver. There is no internal connection or mounting for an internal hard drive. You would also need to purchase an enclosure for the hard drive if you are building your own external USB 2.0 drive.

I have now purchased and received a coolmax 3.5 external enclosure model HD-389-U2 (SATA) The Seagate barracuda 3.5 internal drive is also SATA. I don't know what that really means, but by looking at the connectors I do not know how to assemble it. Is another connector needed? I appreciate any advice!

Thanks,
Julie

An enclosure is normally supplied with the correct cabling to connect to the bare hard drive and assembly instructions. Usually it is just connect, assemble the case and format.

Maybe local assistance is available from the retailer who sold the enclosure or a friend with computer skills?

Last edited by a moderator:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts