Non-sports package

So channels like HBO, Starz, Showtime wouldn't exist?
Wouldn't this make some channel providers try to make certain the channel would then be on as many stations as possible and make up for the difference via ad revenue?

Those movie channels have always been that way and they make it work somehow. For one thing they are charging a lot for their channels and they offer a lot of different content to attract a larger demographic. A channel like Rural TV is a very small demographic and the people who do watch it will most likely not be willing to pay the fee to keep the channel.

Don't forget that the movie channels are offering their own group of channels, they are not offering them individually. If they did offer them individually then you wouldn't see and many of them, you'd basically have HBO and HBO Latino. You would no longer have 9 HBO channels.

I'm not saying that I am absolutely right but I do think this is what would most likely happen. In order for some of those channels to survive they would still need to be bundled with other channels.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)