NON-Tivo Hd-DVR

jjnemoiii

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 29, 2004
Does anyone know if there is something like this out there? Just a simple HD-DVR, that you can set to record just like a VCR, like, say, 3-4PM on every Tuesday. NO Tivo subscription required. Would be used just for OTA.

Most of the solutions I've seen are computer based. Standalone recorders were available from Sony and Toshiba, but they were wicked expensive and most, if not all, have been discontinued.

Most of the solutions I've seen are computer based. Standalone recorders were available from Sony and Toshiba, but they were wicked expensive and most, if not all, have been discontinued.

Computer based is ok too, any recommendations on a brand/model for the computer card?

Computer based is ok too, any reccomendations on a brand/model for the computer card?
The cards with the best software support seem to be the Hauppauge brand. Here's a link to their digital cards: Hauppauge Computer Works: Compare WinTV-HVR Products

I have an ATI HDTV Wonder card, but its bundled software leaves a lot to be desired.

Obviously, the trick with a computer based solution is finding a computer that does a good job of displaying on an HDTV. I've been quite underwhelmed with the performance of a number of such systems.

dvr

Hi
I have a RCA DVD Recorder w/ 80GB Hard Drive, DRC8030N got it at walmart for under $100.00 or you can get on at over stock for 150.00 I like it, it's not the best dvr out there but it will do what i need it to do for free !!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts