Noob Can't Set Declination Angle On Dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.

satseeker

Original poster
Dec 27, 2005
Ok, I'm new to FTA. I've just received the UPS shipment of my new toy/s and have them assembled. Everything is plumb, and my post is secured with concrete - it ain't goin' anywhere. I've attached my motor, apparently correctly and have attached my 76cm dish to the SG2100 motor shaft. The motor has been mounted so that the shaft is pointing down and I have set the correct motor elevation based on my lat/lon at 35/81. I then bolted my dish to the motor shaft and tried to set the dish declination to the proper angle which is 24.4 for me. However, I can't tilt the dish past 30 to that angle because the back of the dish (lnb arm) hits the motor shaft and won't go any farther. I'm not one to RTFM but in this case I did read everything. What is the bonehead move that I've done? How can I get the correct declination angle for my dish or am I just overlooking something?
Motor elevation angle: 55 degrees
Declination angle: 5.6 degrees
Dish angle should be: 24.4 degrees
Also, what is the max length of cable that I can use.? I have a long run of about 120 feet but I've used quad shielded, low loss cable. I remember reading somewhere about 75 feet being the longest run and that any longer would not provide enough juice to run the motor. Is this true?
Thanks!
Eric

Make sure you are using the red mark to set the elevation on the dish!
(Winegard DS2076)

You should also have no problems with that length of cable, even better if its quad shield!

Sadoun's website has some good "step by step" guides in the "Support" section, as well. They really helped me out when I put my dish up the first time. (Thank goodness for laptops and Wireless Access Points, too!!!) Too many trips on the ladder can up the odds on failing an attempt to get on or off the roof.

Cheers!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Multiple FTA Recievers From One Motorized Dish?

FTA and Media Center / HTPC

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)