Noob needs advice on HR23 and Tuner 2

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

josh.palmer

Original poster
Feb 27, 2010
Arizona
First off I want to thank everyone on this forum. Over the years I have felt everyone is very helpful and very friendly.

With that being said....

I just hooked up a slimline dish on the roof. I get a great signal and everything. I am not sure about the exact details of the model of dish but it has 4 inputs on it.

I purchased a HR23 after trying every setting imaginable, I cannot get tuner 2 to work. I get no signal. I have a feeling the only way that I can get it to work is run another coax line to the receiver. Of course I want to be able to record 2 things at once and watch TV. All of this in HD.

Is there anyway to do this without having to run another line? Is there any splitter available that will do this for me? I know when I was with Dish network, they provided a splitter for me and that did the trick. That splitter does not work with the HR23. Currently, I have no splitters or other gadgets attached. Just a straight shot from dish to HR23.

Sorry for the less than technical mojo, I want to make this post as simple as possible so when someone like me google's the same question, they'll get a solid answer. At the moment, there are no solid answers... believe me, I've looked.

Thank you so much in advanced.

If you installed the plain Slimline then you have two options.

1) Run another cable
2) Purchase the SWM LNB and that will allow you to use both tuners with a single cable.

First off I want to thank everyone on this forum. Over the years I have felt everyone is very helpful and very friendly.

With that being said....

I just hooked up a slimline dish on the roof. I get a great signal and everything. I am not sure about the exact details of the model of dish but it has 4 inputs on it.

I purchased a HR23 after trying every setting imaginable, I cannot get tuner 2 to work. I get no signal. I have a feeling the only way that I can get it to work is run another coax line to the receiver. Of course I want to be able to record 2 things at once and watch TV. All of this in HD.

Is there anyway to do this without having to run another line? Is there any splitter available that will do this for me? I know when I was with Dish network, they provided a splitter for me and that did the trick. That splitter does not work with the HR23. Currently, I have no splitters or other gadgets attached. Just a straight shot from dish to HR23.

Sorry for the less than technical mojo, I want to make this post as simple as possible so when someone like me google's the same question, they'll get a solid answer. At the moment, there are no solid answers... believe me, I've looked.

Thank you so much in advanced.

First off, WELCOME Josh!

Now, just to clarify, the dish has four outputs, not inputs. That means it's a standard Slimline. Unfortunately, that also means you have to run another line to make tuner 2 work. Sorry!

I was a little too slow, in thinking and posting! JAG72 is right, you could get the SWM lnb which allows both tuners to work off of one line.

Wow, what a quick response. Thanks for the welcome. I hope to be more of an active member on this community. It looks like my Sunday will be filled with running more cable.

I appreciate all your help.

Wow, what a quick response. Thanks for the welcome. I hope to be more of an active member on this community. It looks like my Sunday will be filled with running more cable.

Not a problem. Trying to help is what this site is all about.

Hope to see you around the forum in the future. :D

Hey, sounds like fun, eh? ;) When you connect the cable to the dvr, make sure it is either unplugged or be VERY careful not to touch the center conductor to the threaded part of the port on the dvr, or you could cause damage to it.

Hey, sounds like fun, eh? ;) When you connect the cable to the dvr, make sure it is either unplugged or be VERY careful not to touch the center conductor to the threaded part of the port on the dvr, or you could cause damage to it.

geez, now you tell me. I remember earlier today testing tuner 2 by connecting the 1 coax i have run to the HR23 while it was in the satellite test mode. Good thing I purchased it a few days ago. Thank heavens for warranty's. :) I'll let you know how it goes so we can close this case.

Question about System Test Results.

So I got everything up and running and the system seems to be working well. On occasion the schedule does not update.

When running a system test, I consistently get:
Satellite dish alignment or distribution problem. Your satellite dish alignment or cabling requires servicing. This might be causing searching for satellite signal issues. Please call..... Diagnostic code: 42-376

I get a 96% signal strength on both tuners. So is this something I should fix or is this a common issue?

Dish : 5LNB slimline
Receiver: HR23-700

thanks for all the help so far,
Josh

So I got everything up and running and the system seems to be working well. On occasion the schedule does not update.

When running a system test, I consistently get:
Satellite dish alignment or distribution problem. Your satellite dish alignment or cabling requires servicing. This might be causing searching for satellite signal issues. Please call..... Diagnostic code: 42-376

I get a 96% signal strength on both tuners. So is this something I should fix or is this a common issue?

Dish : 5LNB slimline
Receiver: HR23-700

thanks for all the help so far,
Josh

You probably have low signal strengths on one transponder that is causing the failure notice. It doesn't mean you really have a problem. You may lose signal a little quicker in imperfect conditions like heavy rain, but over all you should be fine.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts