noob on top of Ohio :D

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Speaking from experience and a lot of time wasted i would start out without the motor. Set your elevation for AMC6 72W and keep the dish loose enough to move it and get the NBC mux. Once you get that you can move it around to different sats to get a feel for the elevation and how it all works. After a few weeks of playing then go for the motor. Just my opinion.

Mike

Thx for the suggestion Morbius.....using SatDirector App (nifty) on my wife's phone, my line-of sight is blocked by a huge tree and partial by my house for AMC6 72W. Im more open to the South West ( I set it in the same place as my old directtv sat was....any other suggestions. Thought I saw a Sat Map some where...just need to choose one with enough channels to satisfy my need to get some results!!:D don't worry I'm very patient..i'll get there soon!

Aim for Galaxy 19 at 97w (same direction as DircTV). This satellite may be called Galaxy 25 or Intelsat Americas 5 in the older receivers. Use transponder 12152 for easy location as this transponder is unique to this satellite. Several hundred channels on this satellite. A few should catch your interest. I like Ebru TV!

GeoSatFinder - www.GeoSatFinder.com is a great tool for printing a list for all available satellites from your location.

What do you mean not straight? Can you post a pic?

You can get that to zero when you hook it up to your receiver.

Yea...got it. There was an East/West button on the motor, but my receiver didnt have a return function.....since it was all put together when I received it, I didnt notice it. Okay now looking for AMC 19 97W ...my receiver shows it as Intelsat 5/C 96.9W..is that right? Agh here comes the rain....guess I'll play with it tomorrow..Thx for the help guys!!

"is it self adjusting?" sort of. Needs to be installed and aligned correctly first, then will move to the different satellites once they are programmed in correctly. I'd remove the dish from the motor, and mount the dish directly to the pole(repeating what Morbius posted). Go ahead and get more complicated once aiming a fixed dish is "second nature", and programming the receiver becomes 'less daunting'. In the end, it will be less disappointment, and a whole lot more beneficial. (an probably quicker, overall, to get 'it all'.

Aim for Galaxy 19 at 97w (same direction as DircTV). This satellite may be called Galaxy 25 or Intelsat Americas 5 in the older receivers. Use transponder 12152 for easy location as this transponder is unique to this satellite. Several hundred channels on this satellite.

My receiver will only give me C band range for transponder on Intelsat 5/C 96.9W .....is this receiver ( VS2000 ) too out of date?

"is it self adjusting?" sort of. Needs to be installed and aligned correctly first, then will move to the different satellites once they are programmed in correctly. I'd remove the dish from the motor, and mount the dish directly to the pole(repeating what Morbius posted). Go ahead and get more complicated once aiming a fixed dish is "second nature", and programming the receiver becomes 'less daunting'. In the end, it will be less disappointment, and a whole lot more beneficial. (an probably quicker, overall, to get 'it all'.

Thx I was thinking about doing that earlier...guess I'll try it!

Just remember we have all been there getting frustrated and a month from now you will be adjusting the dish without thinking about it. Pics of your receiver screen where its set to ODD. It probably just a matter of changing the option. Anyway i would suggest 97W and try for RT and Al Jazeera(English) both very good channels. 12152 H 20000

Thx Fat Air ..The receiver shows very few satellites with different names than current lists state and many shown are show with a "/C" after them.....only allowing the C range to be picked up, not allowing the higher Ku range...I was hoping an update would include a fix ....It won't let me add a sat...like the 97W that has been suggested for me to shoot for first. But Gabshere is saving the day...sending a coolsat 6k!! (THX!!!GABSHERE) Found a place BTS Beerline TV and Sat...about 30mins away...they do installs...they be my easy out and may teach me a few things.

IMAG0256.jpg uploading some pics

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts