noob on top of Ohio :D

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Not sure what satellite that you are trying to receive, but that dish is aimed way too high to receive any satellite in Ohio!

If you've run out of slots in the box for new satellites, you can delete or rename the C band ones and program them to be Ku. I did this all the time with my old Pansat. Just go to the Antenna Setup screen and change the LNB type to standard, LNB frequency to 10750, delete all the old transponders and add all the new ones. I agree with Brian that your dish elevation is way too high! Your motor latitude should be set to 40.4 and your dish elevation should be set to 24.

well i don't know what happened , was ready to mail the coolsat 6000 and thought i would check it first. its like new in the box i've only had it out once to play with it for a few hours and back into the box several years back. plugged it in and nothing no power .. nothing..... so i thought i've got a spare coolsat 5000 that i use sometimes ... plug it up and it works but doesn't get a signal ( had problems like this in the past with this unit don't know if its a tuner problem or what). So i think to myself one has a bad power supply and one has a good one . so i proceed to swap out cases ( the power supply cable is hard to unplug but the mboards swap out easily enough so wa la a coolsat 5000 cast with power supply with a coolsat 6ooo mboard guess that makes it a coolsat 5500 :D proceed to hook it up and it powers up but no signal. I have a pansat 2700 here so i plug it in and get no signal ... so i take them out to the dish and both work on c-band & ku . so i will ship out the coolsat 5500 tomorrow i will try to load the latest 6000 fw and check the channel list to make sure it has active tp's loaded .

You will get it done..:D....Once you get this all figured out, things start to get a little easier. ;)

Yea!! Gabshere!! I received the receiver! Big storm 80+ mph winds..big trees down..looked like a tornado passed through .....but just had power back on....been out since last Friday. Now contractors are putting in all new plumbing...getting ready to pour new basement floor...Sunday will be my only free day. I'll post an update then.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)