Noob Questions

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Nicegypt

Original poster
Jan 6, 2016
Grovetown, GA
Hello,

I am new over here and I hope I can learn from all of you. It seems, there is a lot of members over here has a good experience...

I was in Middle East a while ago and I brought a receiver from over there it's called Qmax MST-999 H6
rt.JPG

I just want to know how I can add the American satellites to it, although it's full of satellites pre-loaded but non are from here.

Also can I use it with Drirectv dish and LNB?

Thanks in advance... :)

Welcome to SatelliteGuys!

Most receivers allow the user to delete and add satellites via the install menus. The manual input will be tedious if adding many satellites, but easy if only one or a few. The product distributor may offer a PC based editor that edits and loads new satellite lists. I couldn't find the chipset listed for the H6, but it is likely a common chipset and might be compatible with satellite lists provided for a similar North American receiver.

DirecTV LNBFs are not compatible (circular polarity and higher frequency) and usually the dishes are undersized for the weaker power FTA satellites. Some hobbyists adapt the larger DirecTV dishes with linear FSS LNBFs, but it takes patience and a little knowledge.

Reactions: Nicegypt
I cant see the specs on it since every site I google is in a foreign language...but on the pic you posted it looks like it just does DVB?

If so there is a lot of stuff you will miss out as DVB-S2 is what alot of channels are

Welcome to the site Nicegypt.

Something you may have missed but we do not condone any sort of hacking here on SatelliteGuys.
Taking a receiver like that and entering codes you find elsewhere to get an encrypted channel is illegal here in the US.
So I ask that you don't mention any more about hacking of any sort.

As far a true FTA we will be more than glad to help.

Thanks KE4EST ... I really didn't know and that's why I came here. I was just mentioning what the receiver can do that's all I don't know even how to get it to work FTA lol.

No problem.
Anyway I couldn't find out the chip-set on that receiver either, but did find that it is DVB-S2.
So a good place to start in FTA since you have a receiver is to order this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/36-Inch-90-...hash=item20b5aa816c:m:mARR27kXDIyvEc6TXCU4sIQ
Get that and aim it at 97W and that is a good start. A lot of programming on there from around the world, you may even find programming in your native tongue if that is Middle east.

A lot of channels on G19 but most are foreign language. English on only a few. 97W G19 @ TheList There is some 'stuff' on other satellites also. example: 91W 12010 V for news feeds. So look around TheList. Ask questions at will. Also take a look at LNB LO Frequency - 101 (stickey) for an understanding of frequencies and how the receiver LNBF combo deals with them.
Dish I'd recommend is 36 inches across and a little taller: 90cm and a proper LNBF. I see KE4EST already linked it (I sloooow typer)

I also couldn't find S2 capabilities with that receiver. Had some major editing to do.
That receiver apparently has never been imported to this side of the pond so I really doubt there's a western satellite list available. This means some serious editing of the list, with the remote, is 'in store'. Patience will be necessary*.
For the same reason, the chance of 'step by step; instruction is near nil. Only general descriptions of what needs to be set or changed.
:welcome to Satelliguys

Maybe you can get some help here: [Hack Site Removed By Mod]

There are a few YouTube videos in Arabic also.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe you can get some help here: [Hack Site Removed By Mod]

There are a few YouTube videos in Arabic also.
Maybe you didn't really look at that site but it is for hacking.
Thus removed.
Please no linking to hack sites.
Thank You

Reactions: Mr Tony
Maybe you didn't really look at that site but it is for hacking.
Thus removed.
Please no linking to hack sites.
Thank You

I wasn't aware that it was. I was just trying to help this guy find info to setup his satellite receiver since I couldn't find a manual for it.

I wasn't aware that it was. I was just trying to help this guy find info to setup his satellite receiver since I couldn't find a manual for it.
No big deal, I figured you didn't really look at it. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.