This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Noob with ??'s

silentgarth

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 5, 2008
Noblesville, IN
Went to TVfool and put in my zip ( 46060) . The stations I want to get are 6 -wrtv, 8 -wish, 13 -wthr, 59 -wxin. The farthest is about 17miles. These are all local Indianapolis stations.

I have been looking at either the Philips mant940 or the mant950.

I can get both from the place I work. The 940 would be about $35-40 and I will have to special order the 950( but get it for 10% over cost, don't know how much yet).

Anything I get will more than likely have to be mounted in the attic. The wife and HOA wont want a big OTA on my house. Now my attic is VERY spacious. The south wall of my attic is just vinyl siding and foam insulation. I can stand upright in about 70% of my attic so space is not to much of an issue.

Any advice would be very helpful. Hopefully soon we will get either Dishnetwork HD programing or the AT&T Uverse(if it ever comes to my subdivision).

Most TV signals are horizontal. (If not all)

I'd get the MANT950. If space allows and you have signals in 2 directions, you may need a 2nd antenna. Give me a moment and I'll
TV fool this for myself.

EDIT: Moments later, I can see that you have signals coming from different directions. The good news, is that the major NETs (your requests) are all in one direction, 232 on the compass. WNDY-DT (My Network TV) looks like the outcast that may be troublesome to receive. Good luck!