Please reply by conversation.

DesertStormVet

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 17, 2007
in Pensylvania
I recently purchased :
--------------------------------------------------------------
Motorola DSR922 4 DTV Receiver + mpeg Digicipher II and Perfect 10 PT-10 Dish Combo
With this receiver/dish combo, you can receive what is left of the analog C-Band channels and also the latest digital programming. It is also capable of Ku band with the addition of a Ku LNB. The receiver comes with UHF remote (works through walls), manual, audio/video cables. Excellent condition. Also included in the package is a ten-foot diameter C-Band dish antenna. This dish mounts on a 3” pipe and can access several C-Band satellites. It comes complete with the mounting bracket and the dish moving arm. The C-Band LNB is also provided. All that is required to complete the installation is the necessary wiring. All mounting hardware and the installation/assembly manual is included.

------------------------------------------------------------------
I understand they don't make perfect 10 dishes anymore.

I was looking to replace the current c-band feedhorn with a C-KU feed horn .
OR
Add KU to it.

Anyone know stuff about Perfect 10 dishes
and
The feedhorns on them?

Are the feedhorns Universal with any dish?
Don't know witch would fit, alot look the same to me.

Checking out different sites that sell them,

Any suggestions ?

Thnx Guys.
from a noob.
Really cool site.

Sounds like a very nice package you bought. I don't know much about the perfect 10 dish, but it should work out really well in PA. I have a 6' C band dish that I am very happy with.

Hi DesertStormVet!

The Perfect 10 dishes were a good line of dishes and as long as it is in good shape and not warped, it should do a great job for you with both C-Band and Ku. I am currently using a 7.5' Perfect 10 for my 4DTV and it works great.

If the feed-horn that you currently have has a sliding center piece, you should be able to use the scalar rings, (outer part) and all you would need is the inside part. To get C and Ku, you need a Co-Rotor that takes both C and Ku LNBs. If you have to buy it new, you will get a new scalar ring with it. Sometimes members here will have a used one they will sell, or you can check with one of our Gold Sponsors at the top of the page. Ebay is a choice to find one too.

Keep us informed of your progress, and we like lots of pictures. :)

And Welcome to Satelliteguys!!

Thank you for your service to our country!

Fred

Hey thanks,Linuxman, Outside screwing around with it rite now .

It does have the scaler rings in it.
Found the set screws that holds the center peice in, took it out and put my KU lnb I had on a 33" in.(roughly with duct tape,ya now redneck style, lol)

Kind of a pain movin' it around by hand.
Messin' around setting up till I can get ribbon cable and c-ku lnb.

Have all the parts for it.

Any suggestions on a c-ku lnb that fits that scaler ring ?
or are they pretty much universal ?

thanx again,

cool site.

loads of info that helped already.

If you do have the Co-rotor, it will have a spot for a C-Band LNB, and opposite there will be a spot for a Ku LNB. Normally the LNBFs off an off-set type dish won't work. You have to get the ones made to fit on the Co-rotor.

I like Cal-Amp 25K and Chaparal 20K C-Band LNBs. Cal-Amp makes a great .6db Ku LNB too if you can find one. The other brand and model I use is an Eagle Aspen .6db Ku LNB.

I also am using a Norsat 5215 which came with one of the dishes I found. It does a great job for me. Normally they are a little more expensive than what I have mentioned above.

I know others here have their personal favorites too.

Fred

Normally the LNBFs off an off-set type dish won't work.

That explans alot. roflmao

If you do have the Co-rotor, it will have a spot for a C-Band LNB, and opposite there will be a spot for a Ku LNB

not sure what u mean on the lnb so i took a few pics of it

It's a Gardiner communications.

Attachments

• DSCF3760.jpg
    DSCF3760.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 428
  • lnb.jpg
    lnb.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 514
  • lnb info sticker.jpg
    lnb info sticker.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 434
The LNB is the white object that has Gardiner on it.

The feed-horn itself is a polarotor which is only capable of handling a C-Band only LNB. The Co-rotor is what you need for both bands. The Co-rotor will have an inlet on the outside of the blue servo motor.

Your Gardiner LNB will probably work ok, but you can see it is a 30 degree Kelvin LNB. It is a little older but should still work. So you will need to purchase a Co-rotor. Sometimes you can get them in a deal with the LNBs thrown in.

Edit: Here is a picture of a co-rotor with LNBs attached:

co-rotor2.jpg

Hope that helps,
Fred

Desert Storm,
I have perfect 10 my neighbor gave Me a couple years back,works great
with a corotor cband and Ku, a couple of norsat LNB's. If You get that thing to tracking the arc, and as we say in the south, You will be hooked up.

I like Cal-Amp 25K and Chaparal 20K C-Band LNBs. Cal-Amp makes a great .6db Ku LNB too if you can find one. The other brand and model I use is an Eagle Aspen .6db Ku LNB.

Hi Linuxman,
Well I got it up and working, but I am thinking the LNB is or might be bad.
I can get 100% signal on G1 ch.3
If I am on that sat.

When programming a sat in on a 4DTV(example: G1) if you are on another sat and get a 100% signal on a channel does'nt mean you are on that sat unless you can identify a known channel.
Correct ?

When I called Skyvision I was told to lock on G1 and get channel 5(classic arts showcase) witch is free analog I think.

G1 ch 3 is used for updates I think.
according to instructions I got.

Is there anyway to test the LNB ?

Considering buying this
X4 Package for 4DTV
clear1x1.gif

Features

Especially for 4DTV!
Many digital channels are moving to X4.
Complete package for upgrading your C-band only dish to KU!

Comes with:
  • Chaparral Corotor II
  • DMSI 13 deg. C-band LNB
  • Eagle Aspen KU LNB

As for the DMSI 13 deg. C-band LNB , are they a good make ?

Input is greatly appreciated.

I am using one of those BSC211's on my SAMI dish for the 4DTV in the living room. It has been working fine on there since about April.

The Eagle Aspen works fine for me too. Both are not expensive, but will get the job done.

Course a well tuned 10 foot dish will work fine with just about any LNB for analog and the 4DTV. If you want more SQ or more stability especially for digital DVB, you have to buy the more expensive LNBs.

Fred

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)