Norsat 8525

Status
Please reply by conversation.
How do you go about hooking up two C-Band LNB's for each polarity to your receiver if you use one of these orthomode feed horns?

I am thinking about buying these 8525's off of E-Bay the price is only $50 each. I had a dealer tell me that a 8520 was a better LNB for home use, would any of you recommend the 8520 over the 8525? I can get the two 8520's for only about $75 more total. Which would be the best to use on a single orthomode Chaparral feedhorn?

I got a good deal on two Norsat 8115's from a dealer. So that is what I went with. Maybe they will be good.

I am running one ortho with a modded switch, and one without. I have not noticed one iota of difference. They both work well. I do recommend a powered switch, at the very least.

stogie5150 said:
I am running one ortho with a modded switch, and one without. I have not noticed one iota of difference. They both work well. I do recommend a powered switch, at the very least.

I ordered a WNC SWA-48, but they sent the replacement model for that switch, the inside looked different from the SWA-48 so I did not know if I could modify it. I thought I would give it a try unmodified. I plugged the vertical LNB into the 13v side and the horizontal LNB into the 18v side. So far it has been working fine with the two Norsat 8115 LNB's.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)