Northeast Snow Storm - No Signal Loss

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I was worried the nasty stuff around here might impact UConn vs. Pitt on ESPN-HD. No outage, not even a blip.

Hmmmm, maybe it would have been better to blip out on me, especially in the 2nd half... :(

dont24 said:
My wife's from Buffalo. She wonders why the local news stations get all exicited about a snow 1-2ft storm. I was going to go out and shovel, but decided to stay in a watch the Hawaiian Tropic bikini contest instead :D

You should try it down here in the Carolinas...here they panic at the warning of 1-2 INCHES as if the world is coming to an end...and then 9 times out of 10 it only ends up rain, like it did yesterday!

The reason for no signal loss with this storm is that it is not a WET snow. Take a wet snow, even a light one like we had a week ago, and it wipes out right away, until the weight of the snow causes it to fall off.

I actually DID lose the signal around Midnight here in Central NJ (signal dropped to 38) on 110/119. Signal was fine in the morning after the storm passed (back to 122 on the meter).

However, I still have lost 61.5 as snow has accumulated on the dish arm. It is midway up my roof, so no CBS-HD until the "solar broom" hits it. As current temps here in Brielle is 18 degrees it could be another day or two. I actually thought about getting the hose to try and use the Fire Dept.-esque method of blowing it free but was worried about messing things up further if it froze....

DWS44 said:
You should try it down here in the Carolinas...here they panic at the warning of 1-2 INCHES as if the world is coming to an end...and then 9 times out of 10 it only ends up rain, like it did yesterday!
It's a balmy 35 degrees here in Cola. Funny thing the colder the weather my signal on 105 increases. Snows here and the grocery stores run out of bread and milk. It's like a holiday with a dusting of snow. Schools and government offices close.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts