Northeast Snow Storm - No Signal Loss

chunchma

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 27, 2004
Milford, New Jersey
Ok, I really just wanted to check in with everyone from the northeast to see how you're doing with all the snow. Here in Central NJ, we've gotten quite alot of the white stuff. YUCK!

But...to stay on topic, let me gladly report my signal has not been affected at all by all the snow...

Take care, all!

I've had dish for 8 years now. Never once have I lost signal during a snow storm or after an accumulation of snow.

I have lost signal during some biblical storms and the associated downpours.

Expecting 20" - 30" here in the Boston area. Not signal loss yet, although
the heaviest snow will be after midnight.

Almost a foot in NY. I have not had a problem all day. My SD isn't as good as it has been in the past, but HD is nice.

Snowing good here as well and no signal loss, I was lucky and got ExpressVu installed before it started snowing. So now I am watching Canadian TV while the snow falls outside. :)

All OK in Baltimore, the main reason I lose signal is when a plane flies right in line with satellite (about 5 miles from BWI), only for a second but happens about once a week that I see.

Scott Greczkowski said:
Snowing good here as well and no signal loss, I was lucky and got ExpressVu installed before it started snowing. So now I am watching Canadian TV while the snow falls outside. :)

Hey, I though you lived in the good ole u s of a. :D :D :D :D

on the side note, if i live up north where i could get express vu, that would be my primary provider. lots of hd. :D :D

I dont have the HD dish yet, so I am only looking at 91. I do have a HD receiver though. So I am ready for it. I will try putting up a Dish 500 in the next few weeks.

Scott Greczkowski said:
I dont have the HD dish yet, so I am only looking at 91. I do have a HD receiver though. So I am ready for it. I will try putting up a Dish 500 in the next few weeks.

do you know if the hd is on the transponder that reaches down in FL?

Boy, you guys out East get snow and you're all "Argh!" Since the major news outlets are affected, it seems that is the only national news that happened today.

We here in Michiana got a "dusting" between 6"-12" last night, and we had satellite reception all the way through. Snow is DBS's enemy when the temperatures are closer to freezing; as cold as it is now, the snow has very little moisture in it and it doesn't tend to stick much.

Good luck to the Easteners, and drive safe!

Its 2 degrees here, and snow is still coming down. It is expected that tonight the winds will pick up to make for blizard like conditions.

Now only if that wind would blow all the snow out of my driveway I would be very happy. :)

My wife's from Buffalo. She wonders why the local news stations get all exicited about a snow 1-2ft storm. I was going to go out and shovel, but decided to stay in a watch the Hawaiian Tropic bikini contest instead :D

BFG said:
2 degrees, dang you must be sweating...

It's gonnabe 30 here tomorrow..

yep, going to be cold here in tampa tomorrow as well. ver nice right now, around 70. weird how is is nice at night, but when we wake up it will be cold.

This is kinda like that movie Day after tomorrow.

Maybe I'll meet up with you guys in mexico...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)