Not a Good Start Dish Network...:mad:

I tried to raise awareness of handling receivers at our shop but most of the guys just don't get it. You tell them to be really careful with most as they have hard drives in them and can be damaged but I had a few guys just come back with "Ohh well I'll get to go out sooner or later and replace them as that gives me more work". These are the techs I found very greedy and just plain stupid to boot. I couldn't stand it when work picked up too much I'd rather have 2-4 jobs a day and then go home vs getting slammed with stupid service calls everyday to basically keep you out longer. These boxes go thru such bad handling to start with I'm sure from Mexico or India wherever they are from on pallets and then from airport or port they are arriving in to the final destination.

They all need to be packaged a little bit better and have handle like eggs written on the outside.

I tried to raise awareness of handling receivers at our shop but most of the guys just don't get it. You tell them to be really careful with most as they have hard drives in them and can be damaged but I had a few guys just come back with "Ohh well I'll get to go out sooner or later and replace them as that gives me more work". These are the techs I found very greedy and just plain stupid to boot. I couldn't stand it when work picked up too much I'd rather have 2-4 jobs a day and then go home vs getting slammed with stupid service calls everyday to basically keep you out longer. These boxes go thru such bad handling to start with I'm sure from Mexico or India wherever they are from on pallets and then from airport or port they are arriving in to the final destination.

They all need to be packaged a little bit better and have handle like eggs written on the outside.

I'm actually surprised we don't have more DOAs the way some of these come in. I get mine through a distributor so they go through an extra handler yet.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)