Not a good start for OKC Thunder's off season...

In a statement, the NBA said, "Stern found that there was no evidence of bad faith or any intent to withhold information on the part of Thunder management or its physicians, but that Oklahoma City's cardiologists were in possession of information about Jeff Green that was not shared with Thunder management and that should have been disclosed to the Celtics in connection with the trade of Green in February 2011."

???? There was no intent to withhold information on the part of the Thunder management or its physicians, but the doctors had info that was not shared with the Thunder management...

I feel that there will never be an undisputed consensus here regarding who withheld what info from whom. There may even be a medical malpractice suit down the road between Green and his former team or doctor if his ultimate treatment was delayed or if his condition became more severe because of information that was withheld from him.

In another forum, I have questioned whether the Celtics still have the privilege of exceeding the salary cap to sign Green as the re-signing of their own player or did renouncing and revoking their $9 million resigning offer vitiate that privilege? That may be a gray area that the league ultimately resolves by granting the Celtics the right to go over the cap to sign him without acknowledging this circumstance to be controlled by the new collective bargaining agreement because of the extenuating circumstances.

When Reggie Lewis died due to a heart failure, his salary stayed on the books for the duration of his contract. precluding the Celtics from obtaining a comparable quality player to replace him. I'm not sure that, if anything, that portends to this situation, but it did tend to show that the league was inclined to place a high priority on firming up its soft cap when it had the means to do so, even when it involved a seemingly unforeseeable medical problem.

This does smell a little bit. Makes you wonder who knew what when. Thunder sends a damaged player (Green) to Boston for another damaged player (Perkins).

mdonnelly said:
This does smell a little bit. Makes you wonder who knew what when. Thunder sends a damaged player (Green) to Boston for another damaged player (Perkins).

Perkins is the difference between 1 and 2 titles for Boston. Boston was also the best team in the east last season before giving him up.

Sent from my iPhone

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts