Click Here to Order
Web Orders Only!
Special is valid through 11:59pm PDT on April 1st, 2008
Mercury_Special_AprilFools.png

Brand New with full factory warranty!

* Fortec Star Mercury II Satellite Receiver Regular Price $135
* GEOSATpro 4x1 DiSEqC Switch Regular Price $10

FreeShip.gif

Shipping Charge will be deducted prior to processing the Credit Card Charge for Continental US and Canadian orders. Packages will be shipped via FedEx or USPS Priority Service at the discretion of Satellite AV.

Last edited:
Is this reveiver "ready to go", or would I have to do some downloading of FTA channels from the internet? Also, does it do "blind scans"?

Yep - it's "ready to go" Just plug it in, hook it into your system (dish/lnb,etc) hit blind scan or "power scan" and away you go. You now will have hundreds of channels of FREE TO AIR TV!

Wow, great deal on one of the better receivers I have used since I started FTA hobby.

Too bad it doesn't do DVB-S2 that would be killer. Great price for the Merc II though. I payed twice that for my Pansat.

Does it get C-band & Ku? And is this a NEW or USED receiver?

Can you use Channel Master to edit the Mercury II channels on a PC? What apps are available for Mercury II channel editing on a PC?

No Channel Master support for native interaction directly with the receiver.

We use and recommend the standard Fortec Star Mercury II channel editor available at the Fortec Star Website.

Wow thats seems like a good deal, I need another Reciever for my other TV room this might be the time to buy.

Can I hook this up to a Dish 1000.2 (with integrated LNBs pointed at 110, 119, and 129) and receive any of Dish's unencrypted programming?

what kind of username is peepoop?

As for th 1000 integrated LNB, aside from some internal switching stuff and the way the frequencies are setup, I don't think the Merc II would have the power requirements for that LNB.

I've been wanting to get a FTA system. What can of dish do you need with this system and how much does one cost? Thank you.

You need a ku dish, 31-33" or larger if you can get one. A lot of us are using old primestar tv dishes that still are found in yards if you look around. Most are free for the asking. The lnbf on the dish also works fine for fta. Of course you can check with some of the sponsors at the top of the page to find other types and models that are brand new! Shipping can be costly on bigger dishes.
And you can use your big c-band dish if you have one, for even more digital channels found on c-band channels..

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts