not decided yet on box & asking for info

Status
Please reply by conversation.
please use punctuation...makes reading what you wrote a b**ch to read

things to note
-KU Band satellite is lower powered than DBS. So if you are just whipping the dish around randomly wanting to see something, the best thing to do then is put it at the end of the driveway with "FREE" on it. You need to move the dish SLOWLY and wait.
-exactly what receiver do you have?
-I assume you skewed the LNB too? You posted above your azimuth and elevation but skew is critical. For 123W the LNB needs to be skewed 34 degrees. There should be markings on the LNB and it should look kinda like the one below in the pic (that is my dish at 123W and my skew is around 25) Notice the LNB isnt straight up and down, its tilted (dont worry about the left LNB...thats for something different) ;)

your azimuth for 123W is 232 which is a smidge of dead SW (dead SW is 225...180+45) so aim the dish SW. Make sure the elevation on the dish is right, 34.5. Those GeoSatPro dishes are pretty accurate. There is a edge on the elevation part of the dish (might be a red line...I forget) that should line up with 34.

Put the receiver on transponder 11800 and LEAVE IT THERE....rough aim the dish to SW and then SLOWLY move the dish to the west...the quality meter will move when it hits the satellite. The key thing is to slowly move the dish.

Attachments

• 000_0285.jpg
    000_0285.jpg
    138.7 KB · Views: 88
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)