Not getting Sattellite 110, dish network

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

lubeman33

Original poster
Oct 1, 2010
portland, maine
Hi, I went outside and had the signal meter on the tv and got sat 119 and 110 at around 70, i used transponder 11 on each one. i am pointed at the right sat..when i set the thing to 119 and cover it the signal is gone, same for 110, but i still don't have some of my channels like 109...the lmn network, it can't find a satellite on some channels....any help would be appreciated.

Hi, I went outside and had the signal meter on the tv and got sat 119 and 110 at around 70, i used transponder 11 on each one. i am pointed at the right sat..when i set the thing to 119 and cover it the signal is gone, same for 110, but i still don't have some of my channels like 109...the lmn network, it can't find a satellite on some channels....any help would be appreciated.
Explain in a little more detail on what setup you are using, what box, dish, any switches?, what you mean by "set to 119 and cover it".

Did you do a rescan with the box if you reset the dish to both birds?

This is going back a while in my memory, but even if I was set up for 119 or even 110 bird only, meaning I was only getting the channels on that bird, and I repositioned my dish to get both birds, I would still have to do a rescan or power up and down the box so it would require both sat signals and allow me to get the channels on both birds.

What are your signal strengths on TPs 14, 15, 16, & 21 for 110/119? Are they both locked and green bar? Name acquired? No "wrong sat?"

In MENU - 6 - 1 - 3, are the sats listed in the following order?

119 110 ?

If so, then you are pointing at the right sats, may still have signal strength issues, may not.

If not, then you are picking up the wrong sats through the wrong LNBs.

Both are green?

Status says "Good?"

How about at MENU - 6 - 1 - 1 - Check Switch?

All green and "OK?"

Status "Reception Verified?"

Click on "Details" on the "Installation Summary" screen, do ports 1 thru 3 all say "Even, Odd?" Is port 1 119, and port 2 110?

Try clicking "Test" in the "Installation Summary" screen? Make sure "SuperDISH" and "Alternate" are not selected.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)