Not getting some HD channels

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Euphoricsoul

Original poster
Oct 14, 2009
Hawaii
Okay, let me preface this with the fact that I live in O'ahu, Hawaii.
Generally, anything related to 'mainland' products is delivered at a reduced capability here.

Now, on to my problem.

I have the Classic Gold package with Multi-Sport. I have the VIP612 DVR.

I just got Dish installed today, and on my little TV listings card that came with the DVR, it says that Discovery HD is channel 182. I turn to 182 and have Discovery, but it's standard definition.

When they Dish network guy installed the box, he told me that all of my HD programming started at channel 5500. This is true, except that there isn't a Discovery HD in that collection of channels. All of those channels work

Am I missing something here, or is this just another case of me living in the wrong state?

Well, I finally called Dish network and was fortunate enough to get a senior rep. She had me go into my satellite settings and changed which satellite I was receiving from and voila! 30 more HD channels!

Word to the wise, make sure all of your channels are working before the installer guy leaves!

Well, I finally called Dish network and was fortunate enough to get a senior rep. She had me go into my satellite settings and changed which satellite I was receiving from and voila! 30 more HD channels!

Word to the wise, make sure all of your channels are working before the installer guy leaves!

She probably had you check a signal strength and didn't actually change a satellite....and maybe adjusted your package if something wasn't setup right. Most of your HD comes from a spotbeam on 129....this one:
SatelliteGuys.US - Subscription 129°W

and a few channels from from the 110 bird spotbeam and CONUS beam.

You cannot change the satellite, only Dish can, they probably neglected to turn something on on their end (CYA).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is the switch the installer used, It should be a DPP-33. If not a DP-34 or 44 swtich should be fine. Problem is the Tech needs to do the following after installing Dish HD in Hawaii:::
Install 119, 110, 129 orbits
Check switch, verify 119 and 110, (129 in slot 3 will show reception error or nothing at all)
Power up the receiver and download it
call in for hit
power down receiver, power back up and check switch.
119, 110, and 129 should come back as all 'OK'
Cancel check switch screen
Force new programming guide, the 129 HD channels will come in at this point

It a bit of a lengthy procedure, but you would have not had to call dish if tech had followed protocol.

And yes your HD should be in the 5000+ channel block
You will not get any of the HD in the 100+ or 200+ channel blocks, at least not for now

If you subscribe to the Starz package, some of those in HD will pop up here and there in the 9000+ channel block. Best way to see whats available in HD is to hit the 'guide' button 3 times and go to 'all HD'. - Obviously the 'RED' channels are not available, but weve seen a few in the 'blue' that will pop up every once and while.

If that transponder doesnt come in (Fox West HD), dont panic, just hit MENU, then program guide (option 1) through your menu. This will bring back your guide to get to different channel.

Hope this helps :up

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)