Not getting the Overtimes Recorded

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Gebo

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 5, 2008
If I want to record a game from say 4-7 pm. I set it to automatic record. If the game goes to 7:30 it stops at 7 pm. What am I doing wrong? If I want to record a NASCAR race to go back and DVR late Sunday evening, I better hope there was no rain delay or I miss the end of it :(

HELP?

Are you telling me I gave up my DISH which was smart enough to do this without me telling it to and I get this? Say it ain't so...

Are you telling me I gave up my DISH which was smart enough to do this without me telling it to and I get this? Say it ain't so...

I'm not sure how Dish equipment would know of a rain delay or a football game going long unless their equipment comes pre-programmed with an hour buffer to each ending. What about the World Series this year; that last game was played a few days later.....did your Dish receiver stop the recording when it rained & started it back up two days later?

Seriously though, go into Menu>Manage Recordings>Rec. Defaults>Stop
You can select any buffer here for every future recording of up to 3hrs long. You can also do it manually for each recording at the moment you select record or later using List>Title>Recording>Stop.

I never remember any dish dvr being smart enough to recorded any game that ran past its time frame but like others have said its best to extend the recording time of any sports event or special live event and if its a rivalry game be sure to add atleast an hour. Michigan vs Michigan state went into triple over time a few years ago ( damn good game ) and if you didnt have your timers set to run for an hour and half longer you were out of luck.

Wow! Here's what I remember about DISH. I always record NASCAR on Sunday. IT was an automatic recording I set once and that was that. Now if the race was scheduled for say from 1-5 pm and if there were a bunch of cautions and red flag periods, the race wouldn't be over until 6 pm. My Recorder somehow knew to keep recording until the end of the telecast. It knew if the race had messed up the other Sunday programs to somehow still record the other show I had set to automatic record even though it started 1 hour later. I promise I ain't making this up. My son even has made mention of it. Hey, I'm sticking with Direct. I can't go back to continuously messed up bills trying to work it out with someone who doesn't speak SouthWest VA Dialect (?).

I'm gonna change my preferences like you guys say. It just seems goofy to record all our programs for an hour longer. 2 hours of Office, 2 hours of Heroes, 1.5 hours for a 30 minute show, etc.

Merry Christmas!

My 612 and 622 will record 1 hour past the regular ending time for Football,Nascar. without me doing anything but pressing the record button. Baseball ,Hockey,Basketball,I don't watch so I don't know. But I would guess it would.

It can be done separately for each series link.

OK, so I want to record every NASCAR race. I wait until the Daytona 500 shows up in Feb's Guide and go to guide and then hit record button twice to multiple record every future NASCAR race. Then what do I do to make the 1 hour longer recording time to just apply to the NASCAR races?

Another simple solution is to record the next program following your target program. As an example, when "60 Minutes" is preceeded by a football game, I also record the scheduled program AFTER "60 Minutes". Frequently the football game will spill over to the begining of the "60 Minutes" time slot, with the result that "60 Minutes" will spill over too. By recording the NEXT scheduled time slot, all is well.

OK, so I want to record every NASCAR race. I wait until the Daytona 500 shows up in Feb's Guide and go to guide and then hit record button twice to multiple record every future NASCAR race. Then what do I do to make the 1 hour longer recording time to just apply to the NASCAR races?

After you double click record to record the series:
Menu>Manage Recordings>To do list>Select the Nascar program>Rec Series>Then change the Stop time to however many hours you want to extend the buffer.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)