Not just traditional TV

Tampa8

Supporting Founder - I'll stand up and say so
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 8, 2003
Tampa/Eastern Ct
Traditional TV Sat/Cable have been having problems but it isn't all ice creme sundaes for streaming.
Disney has lost 1.5 BILLION on their streaming services. They have lost 44% Of their stock value.

Traditional TV Sat/Cable have been having problems but it isn't all ice creme sundaes for streaming.
Disney has lost 1.5 BILLION on their streaming services. They have lost 44% Of their stock value.
Well, as of yesterday when my 3-year deal of $140 for Disney+ ran out, I did not renew. We were promised the Disney Vault 3 years ago. Later on, Disney stated that all of their material (les, South of the South, etc), would be released "in time", whatever that means. I remember fondly as a kid watching The Wonderful World of Disney" each Sunday night. Many movies were in 2 parts. Only a few of those have been released. I have called several times, just to be given an excuse. I have dropped Disney+ for now...If they get to the point the vault is being released, I will gladly pick the service back up.

It's called "Danglin A Carrot" and I learned long ago that when a carrot is dangled, walk away because just like the horse that carrot is dangled in front of you never seem to actually catch it.

e7f0f17f3c43edec2a8c57944cbda800.jpg

All new ventures lose money and take time to make a profit, how long did it take Dish Network, DirecTV, Amazon, etc, etc.

The Disney losses were expected and the dip in stocks is being felt by a lot of companies right now, Tesla, Apple, etc.

But in your little rant against Streaming, you do not bring up Dish’s profits going down and their stock price in comparison.

Dish’s stock price this year High-$36 now-$17, so a tad more then a 52% drop, more then Disney’s.

All time- Dish’s High Stock Price-$64.28 , so a 73% drop to today.
Disney-High-$187 now-$95, so a 49% drop

All new ventures lose money and take time to make a profit, how long did it take Dish Network, DirecTV, Amazon, etc, etc.

The Disney losses were expected and the dip in stocks is being felt by a lot of companies right now, Tesla, Apple, etc.

But in your little rant against Streaming, you do not bring up Dish’s profits going down and their stock price in comparison.

Dish’s stock price this year High-$36 now-$17, so a tad more then a 52% drop, more then Disney’s.

Key word "profits"..not "loss"

Reactions: charlesrshell
Well, as of yesterday when my 3-year deal of $140 for Disney+ ran out, I did not renew. We were promised the Disney Vault 3 years ago. Later on, Disney stated that all of their material (les, South of the South, etc), would be released "in time", whatever that means. I remember fondly as a kid watching The Wonderful World of Disney" each Sunday night. Many movies were in 2 parts. Only a few of those have been released. I have called several times, just to be given an excuse. I have dropped Disney+ for now...If they get to the point the vault is being released, I will gladly pick the service back up.
You will never see song of the south or a lot of other classic Disney movies..they are too controversial in todays world

Reactions: TheKrell
Disney stated that all of their material (les, South of the South, etc)
I see Juan fixed it for you in his reply above. You mean "Song of the South". Frankly, I miss Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah. I guess I can always buy the soundtrack. Or can I?

I presented facts. Sometimes facts are not well received i get that. If it was a rant it would be obvious, I'm good at it. ;)

I presented facts. Sometimes facts are not well received i get that. If it was a rant it would be obvious, I'm good at it. ;)
Except you presented and excluded facts to make one side (Traditional TV) look better then the other (Streaming) when the opposite was true.

Except you presented and excluded facts to make one side (Traditional TV) look better then the other (Streaming) when the opposite was true.
Come on now, no he didn't. In his original post all he did was say that traditional TV isn't the only one having problems. Why try to twist that into something it isn't? You're like the guy who, when someone says "Lemons are sour." feels it necessary to jump right in and say "That's not fair, you failed to mention limes are sour too!" It's an irrelevant point.

You're welcome.

Thank you for posting that link to "the Song of the South".

I was able to play it and capture it as an mp4 for personal viewing pleasure.

I had no idea that Ruth Warrick was Miss Sally, I enjoyed her for years as Phoebe Tyler on All My Children.

Reactions: MikeD-C05