Not Only no HD but no superbowl

mcbeesurfer

Original poster
Feb 3, 2008
We here in Northwest Arkansas are not receiving the 2008 SUPERBOWL. What gives, are we the only people in the US, make that the world who can't see the great commericals? :mad:

I copied your link to the channel 700/701 thread in directv area as a possible explanation. Thanks for posting the story :)

What gives, are we the only people in the US, make that the world who can't see the great commericals? :mad:

I really hate to tell you this but anybody outside of the US dont get to see the commercials

Canada has a stupid rule called simsub where they take the fox feed and override it with the local (CTV) feed with Canadian commercials
Puerto Rico has PR commericals and the rest of the world takes the International feed that has no commercials and inserts their own

so you're not the only person to miss the commercials :)

I really hate to tell you this but anybody outside of the US dont get to see the commercials

Canada has a stupid rule called simsub where they take the fox feed and override it with the local (CTV) feed with Canadian commercials
Puerto Rico has PR commericals and the rest of the world takes the International feed that has no commercials and inserts their own

The two FOX HD additional channels on Bell ExpressVU were showing something about "If you can see this channel in your guide, you can watch the Superbowl with the US commercials". Some folks in Canada were able to see them.

The one's of Us (In PR)who have distants chs via American Direct, didn't have to 'deal' with locals commercials.:D The only sad part was no HD for US.

The two FOX HD additional channels on Bell ExpressVU were showing something about "If you can see this channel in your guide, you can watch the Superbowl with the US commercials". Some folks in Canada were able to see them.

correct. But the SD feeds were simsubbed by CompressVu. They use to simsub the HD feed too but got their hand slapped by the CRTC for that :)

Screw the commercials.

Most of them were boring but a few were pretty good. They werent memorable out but I did like the Bud clydesdale - Rocky and baby-camera ones. The Godfather parody had some good potential but didnt make it.

Actually I would have done something with the opening Godfather scene instead. Probably would have been too long however. Bill Gates would be the Godfather, and the price for wacking a competitor would of course being an ominous 'favor' in the future.

Oh yes. Find a way to include him taking a bite out of an orange (maybe an apple?) at the end. But I am not sure how many people would get it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)