Not picking up sat 72

Chris04626

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 14, 2012
MAine
I'm setting up my dish 1000.4 and I'm picking up sat 61.5 fine but when I do a switch test 72 comes back with conn. I have yet to find a channel that doesn't work though. Thoughts?

What package do you have and do have HD and an HD receiver? If you are getting everything in HD then you would appear to be getting 72.

I have top 200 with hd even the sd channels come in

Check channel 215 (just a random channel I know is on 72.7 and in the top 200). If you're getting that, then it's likely a very low signal or software error. I'd try running the check switch again.

Yes I get that. I did now notice like on USA channel I'm only getting sd version and once on channel 401 push channel up it goes to channel 800 something. Not sure what my issue is. Bad cable? I do have a couple barrel connectors in my line but I have them on both lines. I've tried moving dish to each side of where it is now but it doesn't pick up the 72. I had it once but tried to get stronger signal and moved it and ever since I'm having this issue.

what at can I try to pick up 72

Last edited:
As I suspected you are not getting all the channels. From your first post I don't think you have the dish aimed correctly.

IIRC, you're supposed to peak on 72.7 first. (Is it on the skew axis?) Then you are supposed to adjust the skew until you peak 61.5. (77 will be fine if 61.5 is fine.)

What should I try adjusting I am getting 44 signal on 61 if I move it down to 72 it just says wrong sat 61.5. Would I need to go over a certain direction or up and down. Skew and elevation is set to what dish pointer said too

IIRC, you're supposed to peak on 72.7 first. (Is it on the skew axis?) Then you are supposed to adjust the skew until you peak 61.5. (77 will be fine if 61.5 is fine.)

If the mast is plum there should be no reason to adjust the skew if you have the correct number.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

a dish network tech was in the campground and i asked him about it and he came and looked and said i had too many trees in the way. Said to ask my neighbor if i could put a dish next to theres and just run the cables down, said it would be a long cable run but would probably work. They have a clear look at the sky

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)