Not receiving my own regional sports programing

Status
Please reply by conversation.

scotsmanron

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 23, 2006
Florida
I'm not going to go into a lot of detail other than to say last night I couldn't get my own RSN. On one of them it was showing the Panthers and the Pens and the alternate was FSU at Stetson basketball. The later was what I wanted to see. Just so everyone will know I checked with friends in the area, they could see the game.

I was told by one rep that it was because I didn't have a phone to the receiver. I got to customer retention and they stated that didn't have anything to do with and we were on the phone for over an hour trying to figure out why I couldn't see either. Well, they gave me a nice credit and sent me to geek level tech support. I was told that both were blocked out. As I said neither of them were as people five miles away watched them both.

Any ideas as to why neither of my receivers would get these channels? Sounds to me that D* had the zip codes in the system wrong but they sure aren't able to tell me....or won't. They are sending out a tech on Saturday.

I don't get my RSN ever while one person I know 4 miles away gets it on the cheaper package. My zip code is not in their system while I get it with cable or E*. Do you ever get your RSN? I assume their system is really screwed up and your RSN availability is dependent on where or who you bought your system from.

I'm not going to go into a lot of detail other than to say last night I couldn't get my own RSN. On one of them it was showing the Panthers and the Pens and the alternate was FSU at Stetson basketball. The later was what I wanted to see. Just so everyone will know I checked with friends in the area, they could see the game.

I was told by one rep that it was because I didn't have a phone to the receiver. I got to customer retention and they stated that didn't have anything to do with and we were on the phone for over an hour trying to figure out why I couldn't see either. Well, they gave me a nice credit and sent me to geek level tech support. I was told that both were blocked out. As I said neither of them were as people five miles away watched them both.

Any ideas as to why neither of my receivers would get these channels? Sounds to me that D* had the zip codes in the system wrong but they sure aren't able to tell me....or won't. They are sending out a tech on Saturday.

Good luck...I have had a similar problem for a year...

I bought my system from D*. I think their system is FUBARed as can be. I'm going to just call every time an FSU basketball game is on because the university announced that the total away schedule is now going to be shown on the channel. Looks like I'm going to get to do a LOT of calling!!!!!

Progress. I called again tonight and got another CSR that agreed that D* was screwing up. They are working on now. I'll know more tomorrow night.

Funny thing abut that with my Dish network account I get FSN Pittsburgh as my regional sports network and I get the Pirates and Penguins games with out any trouble. . . .

Now when ever FSN Pittsburgh picks up an NBA Basketball game its blacked on on Dish Network and I could never figure that one one out.

Also I recieve FSN Ohio in my Dish Network sports pack and The Cincy Reds games are blacked out and must be watched in my MLB extra Innings package.

Now the Columbus Bluejackets games from the NHL are not blacked out in Southwestern West Virginia even though the RSN they broadcast on does not serve this area. . .

Seems like this is an area where both Pittsburgh and Columbus claim the territory so we get both games. I think that happens with MLB in parts of Texas and or Oaklahoma where you can get more than one RSN with out black outs.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)