Not Receiving Signals on certain TP's

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I am so lost now. Of course, unlike the Motor that has a little arrow to set the latitude, where is the mark on the dish angle. ?!?!?!? So, I am going by the center of the bolt? Does that sound right? Ugh.....

I am setting it to 23. I am at 47 latitude and the motor subtracts 30.

I was able to pull down a test channel on 85w Transponder 11914h6111. I tried to strengthen that signal, but nothing i do, dish up, dish down, dish left, dish right seems to make that signal any stronger. I was able to get this channel after i tweaked 87w 'the patient channel' and i was able to fine tune that a bit to a stronger signal.

Oh, and yes, I'm plumb so far as i can tell. I'm using a level. I am holding it on the arm of the pipe, and on the holding brackets of the motor.

Bubble levels can be off several degrees and still "look" ok. The only way to know for sure, is a digital level. Of course, there could be something else going on here.

I have come to the conclusion my declination is off a bit based off the chart. I need some suggestions. How the heck do you make minor adjustments to declination. You loosen that screw, and ill tell you there no making minor adjustments. It wants to jump up/down. It was 90 degrees outside. I was not about to work outside under the sun today. I am salivating in thought over actually being able to get this in sync.

Hi! This might help you while you are adjusting your dish. http://www.satelliteguys.us/xen/posts/3471215/
I remembered seeing a member post a tool they made last month. Took me a while to find the link. Hope it helps!:)

Reactions: iBoston
iBoston, Sorry I posted the wrong chart and cannot edit my post now. I meant to post the declination angle chart that is listed in the back of your motor's Owners Manual. Combination of the motor angle setting and the dish elevation angle setting equals the correct angle for the dish to be pointed at the satellite. Right now it is likely that one of these angles was not correctly set and the other angle was adjusted to compensate. Also, if the post that you are mounting the motor on is crushed or the motor bracket is twisting, the dish will not track the arc.

Before optimizing the Signal QUALITY reading on Galaxy 28, are you driving the dish to Galaxy 28 using USALS motor control or DiSEqC 1.2 or leaving the motor set at the "0" position?

Please post a photo of your dish and a close-up of the elevation/butterfly bracket. We probably could identify the dish brand and suggest what part of the bracket is used for the elevation angle pointer.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts