Not recording entire movie

I'm have gotten "Smart Card Not Authorized" message on both of my 722s. The refurb has a card but the other does not. I did get one card in the mail but I think that was for the 622.

This may explain a number of "User 1" stops that I did not do.

The latest was in the middle of viewing a movie on HBOSG. Down and up continued but this is playing havoc with recordings.

The one card is purple and black, at least on the edge, without pulling it.
-Ken

I have a 622 and for a couple of months have had recordings interupted and getting the 005 error about "the smart card not having authoaization".My wife records Fox& Friends On the Fox news Ch. every morning from 5:00 am to 8:00 am. and some mornings when she gets up around 7:00 she turns the tv on ( tv 2) there is the message. She press the up or down button and is asked if you want to stop the recording. She presses no and the the show pops up but parts of it do not get recorded. This does not happen every day but does once or twice a week. I have called Tech support about this but they were of little help.

I'm sorry about the legnth of this post but I would like to resolve this problem.

Morning Recordings are truncated

I've been experiencing the problem were recordings are truncated as well.

Receiver is ViP622. I've had the same unit for at least two years, and the unit has not been moved from it's current location within the past six months.

I am eligible for ABC distance networks. I record the 4a (PT) WABC Good Morning America followed by the 6a PT KGO Local news. I also record the West Coast edition of the Today show at 7a PT, though this program does not get truncated (though typically we've had the TV on by now and are now watching what's left of the earlier shows.

I've noticed that recordings have been truncated on rare occasions in the past, but in the past few weeks, the frequency of truncated recordings is growing...it's now at least 1-2 times per week.

We have had clear weather recently, and to that point I've never had a rain fade drop out, so I know I have strong signal strength.

Once I saw an error message (I think it was the 005 - not authorized), but mostly there is no error message.

I've noticed that this problem only occurs on morning recordings. The receiver's nightly reboot is set at 1a (PT), so I know that's not the problem.

I'll try the power reset, but I'm really suspicious that this is a recently introduced bug or some type of hardware fault as the the unit has been running for a couple of years without issue.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)