Not remembering where it left off

ronfelder

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 3, 2006
south jersey
My Joey isn't remembering where it left off. This happens if I start the show on the hopper or if after finding where I left off and I exit and return the Joey starts from beginning every time. At one time this feature worked. Don't know when it stopped. Perhaps after last update bit not certain.

Then you have no clue.Sorry.This is a show from yesterday.Plus it previously worked for me.

I just tested it here and had the same problem. I started a movie on the Hopper and FF til about half way. I went to the Joey and selected resume then selected resume from where I left off on the Hopper and it started the whole movie over. Can you please send me a PM with your account information and software version?

As a point of reference my system doesn't show this problem with non-PTAT/Auto Hop recordings. I can start a recording on a Hopper, stop and pick up on one Joey, stop and pick up on the other Joey at the Hopper or Joey stop point, and then stop and pick up again at the Hopper with the option of picking up at the Hopper or either Joey location.

As for the PTAT shows its a different story. If I start a show on the Hopper and watch the whole thing Auto Hop works great. However if I stop and try to resume from a Joey or the Hopper it returns to the start of the program and plays with Auto Hop disabled if I enable Auto Hop, but resumes at the right location if I disable Auto Hop (operates correctly).

Last edited:
Dish receivers never remember their last point if it is still recording. Resume only shows when recording is done. If this is not the case, then I have no clue.
Not true. Last night, I was on TV1 watching a baseball game recording on TV2 on my 722. When I caught up to live in the 5th inning, I stopped the playback, watched another 30 minute DVR recording, and then went back to the DVR recording of the ball game which was still recording, selected "Resume", and continued watching from the 5th inning.

As a point of reference my system doesn't show this problem with non-PTAT/Auto Hop recordings. I can start a recording on a Hopper, stop and pick up on one Joey, stop and pick up on the other Joey at the Hopper or Joey stop point, and then stop and pick up again at the Hopper with the option of picking up at the Hopper or either Joey location.

As for the PTAT shows its a different story. If I start a show on the Hopper and watch the whole thing Auto Hop works great. However if I stop and try to resume from a Joey or the Hopper it returns to the start of the program and plays with Auto Hop disabled if I enable Auto Hop, but resumes at the right location if I disable Auto Hop (operates correctly).

Great observation......

And my 612 resumes while recording, doesn't have to be finished recording....

Dish receivers never remember their last point if it is still recording. Resume only shows when recording is done. If this is not the case, then I have no clue.
FYI: Before Echostar lost their last court battle with Tivo, the VIP did remember, and it did a lot of other things as well like skipping forward and back without screwing up after four button pushes.

Could it be since the court upheld Tivo's claim that Echostar infringed on several patented features E* decided not to pay for licenses for all the patented features sited but rather just deleted a lot of them from the code?

Anybody want to bet a hundie I'm wrong?

Last edited: