OTA Update?

GreeneDish

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jan 30, 2009
Central VA
Has anyone heard any recent rumors on when the OTA connection "might" be coming out? I know the last I read was "this summer" but was wondering if anyone has any better time line on availability.

Don't expect better word until just before release. MAYBE we'll hear something in May at Team Summit.

Nothing new to report. But I am expecting some news later next month. :)

Of course when that news comes you can expect to read it here at SatelliteGuys first. :)

T-55 days and counting till the first official day of "Summer" ;)

Maybe Scott could put us one of those JAVA countdown clocks on the Hopper Page to have a little fun w/ Dish! :haha

I just became a new member today and would appreciate any info about getting recordabe HD ota from the 4 major networks. I had a 722 receiver before I upgraded (I hope) to the Hopper system. I could record the majors in HD with it , but now with hopper I can't. Has anyone heard anything about the Amarillo, TX area getting their SD signals upgraded to HD? I would like to record in HD on the major networks? Sorry about the rambling! Any information would certainly be appreciated. Thanks, BT

I just became a new member today and would appreciate any info about getting recordabe HD ota from the 4 major networks. I had a 722 receiver before I upgraded (I hope) to the Hopper system. I could record the majors in HD with it , but now with hopper I can't. Has anyone heard anything about the Amarillo, TX area getting their SD signals upgraded to HD? I would like to record in HD on the major networks? Sorry about the rambling! Any information would certainly be appreciated. Thanks, BT

Welcome to the Forum. OTA rumored to be coming this summer. Rumors that it might be announced at Team Summit in May.

Remember that a separate feed from the OTA antenna to the OTA tuner is required, as you cannot diplex the after-node sat feed to the Hopper.

The length of the OTA feed can be reduced, if you place the node relatively close to the Hopper, as you can diplex the feed from the dish/switch to the node, though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)