OTA Update?

I've given up on Monoprice. Their S&H charge makes them expensive compared to Amazon, especially if one has a Prime membership. :)

As much as I like monoprice, I tend to agree, especially on small orders.

I've given up on Monoprice. Their S&H charge makes them expensive compared to Amazon, especially if one has a Prime membership. :)

Yeah, I wait until I have $50+ in stuff to order from Monoprice because of shipping prices. Of course, since Amazon will be charging sales tax in Texas in two months, Amazon will be far less attractive an option. I'm likely to get rid of Amazon Prime.

Monoprice is still a great deal if you're ordering multiple cables, but I agree that the shipping charges can be rather high if you only need a few things. I tend to let stuff gather into batches, or get some coworkers together to amortize the shipping charges.

Did monoprice change their shipping rate policy ? In the past, they really seemed to base it on weight and with multiple items, they'd add the weights just like done in the real world. Unlike Newegg, for example, who charges a fixed rate per item and simply adds that rate with the fixed rate of add'l items.

Did monoprice change their shipping rate policy ? In the past, they really seemed to base it on weight and with multiple items, they'd add the weights just like done in the real world. Unlike Newegg, for example, who charges a fixed rate per item and simply adds that rate with the fixed rate of add'l items.
Monoprice is still base rate + weight, basically mirroring what the shipper's rate table is, but that can still a bad deal in many instances compared to amazon, even without prime.

Yeah, I wait until I have $50+ in stuff to order from Monoprice because of shipping prices. Of course, since Amazon will be charging sales tax in Texas in two months, Amazon will be far less attractive an option. I'm likely to get rid of Amazon Prime.

Amazon will start sales tax in TX? That seriously blows! I do 99% of my shopping on Amazon.

I too have been holding off upgrading to the Hopper due to no OTA tuner. There are 3 local channels I like which is not available via Dish because they are digital sub-channels, plus the local CW channel is in HD OTA, but not via Dish. If the usb tuner adpater thing works well and doesn't cost a fortune I will then make the move to upgrade to the Hopper. In the mean-time my 622s are doing just fine.

Getting the OTA signals integrated to my 722K is very important to me. I would never consider the new Hopper system if i couldn't pump my locals through it.

I am with u. I will switch provider's or stay with my 722'k. But no OTA dual tuner HD. No Hopper.............................................Period.

goresnet said:
Amazon will start sales tax in TX? That seriously blows! I do 99% of my shopping on Amazon.

I love it. I know it's nice when buying stuff but it's not fair to all businesses out there that have to charge it.

I am with u. I will switch provider's or stay with my 722'k. But no OTA dual tuner HD. No Hopper.............................................Period.

I agree. I can't believe that didn't expect this to be a problem before releasing the Hopper. If Dish carried all of my locals in HD it wouldn't be an issue, but they don't, plus some channels they don't offer at all. No Hopper for me.

Looking toward to the OTA, not huge for me but I enjoy the shows on the PBS sub channels so that will be a nice adition when we can get it

That sucks if only one ota tuner. It looks like a big step backward . We are back to a single ota tuner like the 622/722 receivers. Add to that the hopper integration is not true integration, and you can only switch to what hopper you want to watch, and this is disappointing. Looks like I will stay with the 722k for now or look at the competition if I want true whole house dvr.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)