Not so fast ... HD VMD V's Blu-Ray .. let the battle commence.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
+1

Vurb, now THIS is what a niche market will look like
It wouldnt have to grow very much to be just as big as BD is now. BD is a niche market. And BTW VMD is not a new idea, it was in the news back when HD DVD began. Its kinda funny watching BD fans tout how they are the king of the 1% disc market and no one else can succeed. :haha

No studios, no contender.
How did they get these? Don't you think it would be more constructive to actually view them and compare the PQ?
Movies on HD VMD HD VMD currently provides the most international titles on High Definition disc worldwide. These include films from around the world:

HOLLYWOOD
Many of the world’s largest independent video distributors are releasing their HD Hollywood and studio-produced titles on HD VMD. Movies such as “Sahara”, “Lucky Number Slevin”, “Scary Movie 2” and “Hitcher” are some of the Hollywood titles available on HD VMD.

EUROPEAN
HD VMD has gained the approval of many distributors to support European-produced titles such as Luc Besson’s “Angel-A”, and the box-office hits “le Caïman” and “Caramel”.

BOLLYWOOD
The Indian entertainment market is the largest in the world, with the country producing the most Hindi, Hinglish and English films combined every year. The Indian video market realizing the true value-for-money HD disc product that is HD VMD, has greeted the format with open arms as the only “suitable disc” for HD for the sub-continent. Such Bollywood hit titles include the likes of “Chalte Chalte”, “Dor”, “Jo Jeeta wohi Sikander”, “Maqbool”, “Black Friday” and “Paheli”.

TAMIL
Film in the Tamil language is quite substantial in southern India. Titles being released on HD VMD are local southern Tamil hits such as “Anbe Sivam”, “Chellamey” and “Kannathil Muthamittal”

MALAYALAM
Yet another very big film market in the extremely diverse country of India is the Malayalam market. Malayalam titles like “Perumazhaikalam” are being supported by local video distributors.

CHILDREN’S & FAMILY
HD VMD provides many titles for the family and especially for children. The world famous “Lazy Town” television series, broadcasted in HD in over 100 countries and in 60 languagues is only available in HD video on HD VMD.

Last edited:
Interesting read .. but if price was the only factor ... HD-DVD would still be around.
HD DVD never exploited a price advantage when it came to the discs themselves. The BD BOGOss were always run at 1/2 price. I would love to see VMD HD in the stores and force BD to lower prices.

It wouldnt have to grow very much to be just as big as BD is now. BD is a niche market. And BTW VMD is not a new idea, it was in the news back when HD DVD began. Its kinda funny watching BD fans tout how they are the king of the 1% disc market and no one else can succeed. :haha
I dont see where anyone did that in this thread, I am just pointing out that they dont have the titles to be much more than a niche player. Blu-ray does (HD-DVD did)

Nice list you posted, but you realize that every "big movie" that I have heard is released is on that list, thats all they have.

Hey, Vurb: Let me hear you say it:

"There - are - no - Americans - at - Baghdad - airport!"

:haha

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)